Looking for encouragement and support

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Kara. I'm 44 and have been struggling with my weight off and on for the last 20 years.
I'm currently at the heaviest I've ever been and I'm looking to make a change - I'd like to lose around 75 pounds.

I don't have much of a support system at home - my family laughs, rolls their eyes, etc... whenever I mention diet and exercise. I suppose it's because they've seen me start and fail so many times.

I'm looking for online friends that can understand what I'm going through and be supportive and encouraging.

Please add me if you don't mind helping with this. I will do the same for you in return :)

Thanks!!

Kara

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hi Kara,

I'm 47 and the only one in my household trying to eat better. It adds to the battle for sure!

Welcome!
    Nancy
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hi 44 Kara. I'm 36 Joe. Don't sweat the eye-rollers. I was about 30 lbs in before my family members were like, "Uhh...what the heck is happening to you!" Haha. Then I explained to them what I'd been doing and I asked for their support. With my initial results staring them back in the face, how could they refuse this cute mug? Haha.

Anyway, hope things work out for you; I think they can/will. Good luck! #goteammfp :)
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    38 and in the UK here, I'm in for mutual support! A great MFP network is worth it's weight in gold
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kara!

I am 44 also. Your story sounds very familiar. Please feel free to add me if you need some support. We are all in this together.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    not having people take you k seriously definitely creates problems but you can do it because it's for you. good luck with your journey.
  • BePawsitive
    BePawsitive Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can understand.. I have two kids and they are saying.. where are the cookies mom? Feel free to add me ... all the encouragement and support goes a long ways.
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kara! This is a great place to come to achieve your weight loss goals. Making friends on here really help to keep you motivated and accountable. I have sent you a friend request. I log in everyday and try to complete my diary daily as well. I love to support fellow MFP friends. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • kedwards111
    Options
    I would love to get to know some friends here, I'm 47 and also been struggling with weight for years. I've just recently started on this site and so I love it. It's much easier than other options I've tried previously.

My main issue is I am single and really haven't developed many contacts to help motivate and encourage. Please feel free to add me if you like!
  • Aberdeenloon
    Aberdeenloon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Been there and had the whole remit of doubters, but with MFP I have been doing way better (pun not intended) basically you do this for yourself first then let the good comments and praise come when it comes.
  • Judy2216
    Options
    Hi Kara, I'm also new here and want to lose around the same amount as you. Would love a friend for encouragement and support. Feel free to add me as well.

Judy
  • funkyb
    funkyb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I've used the app now and again for a while but have seriously fallen off track. Having struggled with my weight for over 20 years I really want to make changes for life as I have a young family and want to be healthy for them. I have about 80lb to loose and would welcome some help and support along the way, thanks Caroline
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Greetings from northern Germany. I try to encourage and comment on all my friend almost every day.

So feel free to add me. BTW - my name is Jason :-)
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    41 here, feel free to add me!