Nutribullet vs. Ninja

Options
Looking to begin making smoothies. I want something that is going to be able to make green smoothies, as well as crush up ice. I don't want anything that will leave chunks after... Which one has worked best for you? If you use a Ninja which model do you use? There are so many!

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I use the Nutribullet every day and it works great for green smoothies and protein shakes. Crushes ice easily for my protein shakes and it doesn't leave any clumps in the green smoothies I fix, and I put whole almonds in mine. You'll have some really fine pieces of apple peel or almonds in it but overall the consistency is very thin as long as you put enough water in it.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have a VitaMix. I love it!:love:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja. But I am going to tell you just to pick one that will work for you.

If you want something, so that you can get rid of some of the small appliances in your house, then the Ninja is awesome. It has the blender, the food procesor, and the single serve cups, and lots of attachments you can order from their online store.

If you want something that is more single serve and a space saver then the Nutrilbullet.

And dont' know anything about the vitamix...so someone else will have to tell you about that.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Bump. I need to look into this too.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have both, the Ninja was great for protein shakes and soft fruit only smoothies. However I started incorporating Green Smoothies into my diet and found it did not do veggies well at all. For green smoothies I always my Nutribullet. About the only advantage the Ninja has is that you can make more than one smoothie at a time.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    1 vote for the nutribullet !
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ninja for me... but that's the only kind I've used (i got a set for a wedding present) and works wonderfully . Its very versatile with the different sections. Makes nice creamy smoothies or shakes. It also has worked wonders with dicing things up and making hummus. good luck on your conquest.
  • TheMrsCole
    TheMrsCole Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! After reading tons on the subject I chose to go with the nutribullet. I purchased one last night and was absolutely amazed at how it cut through everything so quickly! Your opinions were very helpful! Thanks again!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I have both but the IMO Nutribullet is more for everyday use. I can't imagine dealing with the Ninja's sharp long bladey thing everyday.
  • crazyincolorado84
    crazyincolorado84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have both. The nutribullet blends greens and things like chia seeds beautifully, the ninja does not.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have both and for smoothies definately the nutribullet, however I do wish there wasnt chunkies! Not a lot but always at least one lol
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    following
  • oneteaspoon469
    Options
    I would be the only one using it but it's nice to be able to make bulk smoothies & freeze also making fresh dips, dressings etc make me want to move towards ninja ... But I'm
    Listening to your experiences..

Price wise ... Best place to buy & cost diff?
  • mojoback2
    mojoback2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I appreciate this discussion; very timely for me. I am looking at the NutraBullet because I want to incorporate greens. Costco has it on sale right now for $74.49.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    The single serve cups work wonders on the Ninja and when using the larger pitcher for green smoothies take the long blade section out and only use the base blades. Makes a big difference.
  • lien4424
    lien4424 Posts: 1
    Options
    The ninja doesn't blend anything but soft things. My mother-in-law got one and it doesn't work that well. You'd be better off with a Nutribullet Pro 900 series. They're on sale at kohls and other places for $149 right now, and you can get 20%-30% off with a RetailMeNot coupon (it's an awesome app that has coupons for your favorite stores). I have a vitamix and would 100% recommend it but I use my nutribullet for smaller servings that you can drink straight from the blending cup. It gets things super smooth. The vitamix is a must down the road for bigger batches and ultra smooth green smoothies. For for a smaller cost, the Nutribullet Pro is the way to go. There are several YouTube videos that show side-by-side comparisons of the 2 making smoothies. Check them out!
  • TBoards27
    TBoards27 Posts: 8
    Options
    You might want to look into the Nutri Ninja single serve unit, the blade system is MUCH better than the Bullet, and there has been a history of leaking with the Bullet.

Plus the Nutri Ninja is cheaper than the Bullet, but also runs at 900 watts!

But as long as the Bullet works for stick with it.

;^)