MFP and Body Media

Options
I have a Body Media arm band and obviously I'm n here. I do have the two accounts linked. I love that my arm band calculates all my calories for me but I dislike their menu portion - MFP is far better. Does anyone else use them like that? Also, do you ever find confusing the amounts of calories burned on MFP as to the results from the arm band?

Any feedback would be great!

Replies

• pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yup. I only use MFP for logging my food. I base If/when I have a calorie deficit on my BodyMedia account. Its WAY more accurate that way and I love it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yup. I only use MFP for logging my food. I base If/when I have a calorie deficit on my BodyMedia account. Its WAY more accurate that way and I love it.

This. I have one and use MFP for logging and have it sync to BM.
  • Turntec22
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. My best guess is that MFP shows what you burn above BMR whereas bodymedia shows your TDEE. But then again that should be the same so I don't know. I just look at both to make sure I'm good. Plus I figure I'm underestimating my intake at all times so it's always an "about" kind of number
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just enter my food on MFP. I also have the activity level set pretty high and let the bodymedia fix it.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I just enter my food on MFP. I also have the activity level set pretty high and let the bodymedia fix it.
    This is what I do, too!
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - much appreciated!