Fitbit

Options
Does anyone use a fitbit?? Am really tempted to get one but am not wanting to for out that amount of money if their no use. Any opinions?

Replies

• JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend just bought me one for Christmas! He got me the Fitbit Flex. I just hooked it up. So far so good!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you do a search- you will find hundreds of threads on this with lots of information.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    You could look around for a second hand one? I love mine, use it everyday. I love the graphs and challenging myself to take more steps.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    There are a million threads on MFP asking the same question right now... use the search link above and read some of them if you want user testimonials. For my part, I've had a Fitbit One since early February and I credit it with most of my success in weight loss (up to June) and maintenance (since then). It won't do the whole job for you, but it will give you information about what you're burning in your daily activity and any step-based exercise -- information you can use to adjust your caloric intake to suit your goals. It's also a great motivator, especially if you happen to be a little geeky and like nice round numbers.
  • Corpsebride81
    Corpsebride81 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Yeah I quite like the idea of knowing exactly what I'm burning every day and how active i actually am think I will hit the January sales and hopefully get one a wee bit cheaper thanks guys :)
  • cadillacblues87
    Options
    For those of you who use this, do you track food only with fitbit or only with mfp? Or both?
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I love mine...but just so you know, they are NOT a Heart Rate Monitor. I have the FB ONE and have never had any problems. Their Customer Service Dept. is super. But as you already have read, tons of FB threads on here. Good luck in your decision!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit ultra for over a year and loved it, I wore it everywhere but in the shower. Now I have a fitbit force (just got it Wednesday) and am still trying to get used to it. I love it because I don't ever have to take it off unless I would used the hot tub or go diving/swimming or if I want to charge it.. The only downfall that I see with the force is the way it clasps. It is hard to clasp. yesterday it fell off numerous times, but so far today I it hasen't fallen off yet so I must have got it secure. I recommend fitbit to anyone
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I just got the Fitbit flex for Christmas and so far I love it. I like knowing my sleep patterns (although not 100% accurate), I also find it challenging to get the steps in and get my calorie burn goal in.
    The charts and everything are really kind of cool
    I read that you should only track your food on MFP if you are going to sync the 2 together (fitbit with MFP), your food calories and water intake get transferred over to the fitbit page. Also if you use another running program or workout app that syncs with MFP, those calories burned from exercise also get transferred over to fitbit.