Danskin Triathlon Series

Options
I'm signing up for the Danskin Triathlon in Orlando, FL. It's a half mile swim, 12 mile bike and 3.1 mile run. I did it two years ago (VERY slowly!), and it was a great accomplishment. I have since had a baby, and am looking to get back into shape. I've lost 36 pounds so far (24 prior to joining MFP), and have 68 left to go to my goal. Anyone else training for a triathlon to help get in shape?

Replies

• gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have done 4 this summer, very addicting...I love them! Good luck!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Anyone know of any triathlons like this with similar amounts of swimming, biking, and running?
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    I'm not training for a tri...YET! I cycle and used to swim but have never been a runner. I just finished my first 5k last weekend and am training for an 8k in a month. (yikes). My next goal is to do a tri, so I am interested in others responses to how they train for them.
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There are many, however the season is pretty much over til new year. They are actually listed as sprint triathlons in these distances. You can search for them on active.com and many other sport websites.
  • finncmh
    Options
    There are many, however the season is pretty much over til new year. They are actually listed as sprint triathlons in these distances. You can search for them on active.com and many other sport websites.

Thanks! I would need something for next year anyway... a but of a goal for myself. I have never done one but would like to get back to the place where I could train for and complete one! Will check out the site
  • finncmh
    Options
    I'm not training for a tri...YET! I cycle and used to swim but have never been a runner. I just finished my first 5k last weekend and am training for an 8k in a month. (yikes). My next goal is to do a tri, so I am interested in others responses to how they train for them.

Im interested in training tips as well!