Up24

Options
I just got a Jawbone Up24 for Christmas. I am excited to start off the year right. I was hoping I could find someone else who had one to be my friend because none of my contacts do. It would be great to have someone who is working with same kind of plan in addition to myfitnesspal

Replies

• Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I too just got one, but I am 100% lost.. are all HRM like this? I feel like its so silly.. I don;t get it lol.
  • charycedm1
    charycedm1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I felt a little lost at first. I thought I needed my computer smart daughter to help but when she was too busy I went at it. I went on computer to the up.jawbone.com and clicked on download app and if you click on what is up? in the top right hand corner under sign in you can make an account username and password and sign in then it will give all headings to walk you through set up and using all of the functions. I agree that it is confusing at first but totally worth it after you get the kinks worked out. You can even take pictures of your meals to file and sleep record is amazing. I did that for two nights and hadn't realized how much my dog sleeping with me affected my sleep. wow. I hope you get it figured out and I would love to be your friend.
    charyce martin
    charycedm1@gmail.com
  • tiger_lily5
    tiger_lily5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just bought my UP24 this week and after 3 days LOVE IT! I love seeing my stats, its a real motivator to MOVE!

How's yours doing after 2 months?
  • jasony0423
    jasony0423 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just got one too. So far I likie that it doesn't seem to log random movement, only actual steps, etc.
  • tiger_lily5
    Options
    I too just got one, but I am 100% lost.. are all HRM like this? I feel like its so silly.. I don;t get it lol.

The Up24 is not a heart rate monitor. It is more or less a fantastic pedometer with a great user interface logging your steps and activity. You can connect it to programs like Runkeeper and MFP for even greater data. But it is definitely not a HRM. You'd have to purchase a Polar type device if you want that kind of feedback.
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just started using my new Up24 today.... feel free to add me as a friend!
  • tiger_lily5
    Options
    I sort of miss logging my exercise here vs. in the UP24 app. I think that UP has a more accurate calorie count which is why I do it. but I'm curious, for anyone else that uses UP, how do you log?
  • ametolie
    ametolie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use the old UP band, but the interface is the same. I linked mfp through the app and it adjusts my calories automatically when I sync my band. I log my activity through the UP app.
  • aparmet
    aparmet Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been using the UP24 for a while, and like it, but wish that it would automatically post my step activity to my news feed.
  • davis3ca
    davis3ca Posts: 1
    Options
    If anyone could help me out, that would be appreciated! I don't understand the calorie adjustment part... because it seems like it's adding calories. Should I not be logging my exercise with MFP and leave it to my up24? Any help is appreciated :)
  • tiger_lily5
    Options
    Hi. I discovered that initially I had set my MFP up saying that I was more active than I actually was so it was saying I would burn more calories based on that, but when I started using my UP24, I realized that was a truer calculation of calories and movement throughout the day. So I changed my MFP to sedentary instead of moderately active and I add my actual workouts or exercise to UP24 then it give me a total calories burned throughout the day.

I don't know if this is correct but it seems to work. The negative calories only happen when I don't do much through out the day or do not work out, then it will add calories as if I had eaten them because I didn't burn them up. Does that make sense? Hope it helps. It's kind of confusing at first. You just need to play around with it. I trust the UP more than MFP because it's actually monitoring my movements and I don't move nearly enough or as much as I think I do.