Low Carb, High Fat Diet

Options
Hi All,

I'm looking for friends that are doing the low carb high fat diet. This diet really works. Thanks.

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I normally eat high fat, controlled carb as my lifestyle...............BUT right now I am sick and just eating anything that will stay down.
  • dmoore716
    dmoore716 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends. I will send you a friend request.
  • vld1308
    Options
    Hi;

I'm on a low carb diet but incorporate plenty of healthy fats into my diet. We can share tips if you like.

Some high fat foods I eat are: walnuts, avocados, olives, fatty salmon, oils I use in cooking are olive, coconut and I recently started using ghee ( clarified butter not that good for you) for use in lentil soup ( very good for you). I've been told to incorporate a lot of beans into the diet their carb count is not that high and they are extremely nutritious.

Best Wishes
    Victoria :smile:
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been doing that for a few months now. works great for me.
  • dmoore716
    Options
    Wow! Let's be friends. I have some tips I can share too. I have been on the low carb, high fat on and off and it has always worked for me when I was on it. I want to take it seriously and be consistent. Let's be friends. We can support each other. I will send you a friend request. Thanks.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Atkins died of a heart attack :-( (his family spend many bucks trying to stop this from getting out)

Good luck though, I hope what you do works for you and I hope you get great results from it. Do exercise as well though if you can. It will increase your calorie output and its good for you as well
  • dmoore716
    Options
    Great! Let's be friends. I'm trying to create a group of friends that are on the low carb, high fat diet so we can share ideas. I will send you a frind request. Thanks.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Atkins died of a heart attack :-( (his family spend many bucks trying to stop this from getting out)

Good luck though, I hope what you do works for you and I hope you get great results from it. Do exercise as well though if you can. It will increase your calorie output and its good for you as well

Sorry this is an out right lie. Go some where else with that BS.
  • dmoore716
    Options
    Awesome info. Let's be friends. I will send you a friend request.
  • dmoore716
    Options
    I agree. It's BS.
  • misstearweus
    misstearweus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you're eating low carb and high fat, here are some things I practice to make it successful for me.

1. You need carbs to function, so find them in vegetables and fruit. If you're trying to lose weight, enjoy your fruit, but remember it is additional sugar carbs that can quickly remove the "low" from your low carb diet.
    2. Avoid "white and beige" food such as starchy vegetables, rice, pasta, and grain flours.
    3. For your fats, concentrate on good fats, like avocados or walnut, cod liver, and olive oil. Fatty meats can help you fill full, but don't gorge on them. Some bacon is ok, but a pack a day is not a good habit to have.
    4. Don't disregard calories; they will catch up to you. Eating low carb and high protein should help you feel fuller faster, helping to avoid overeating. Just remember the body can still take 20mins to signal, "I don't need any more food now!" Fatty protein can get you well over the calories you can expend a day.

Keep your body healthy and remember to keep your fats healthy and not all all animal fat based.