Hi all! Looking for some motivating friends :)

Options
So, I'm not exactly new here,but I never did introduce myself. I've been on here for quite some time now. Life threw me a bunch of curve balls, and my motivation basically went down the drain(family in car crashes, a tragic death, and just...yeah).

But I'm back, and ready to go(for real this time!) :bigsmile:

Anyways, My name is Bella, I'm 5'4, 20 yrs old, and from Canada. My highest weight(and current) is 215lbs, and my goal weight is about 140ish? Depending on how my body looks.

I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. I was made fun of all throughout school, and it really did a number on my self confidence. It's pretty well non existent. I hate going out as I feel embarrassed, and like everyone is judging me(which has caused me to lose a lot of friends for that matter).
I own a beautiful horse, who know matter how tall he is(17hh) would feel a heck of a lot better if I lost weight. I definitely don't ride as much as I used to, and I miss that. I've also got a 6 y/o sheepdog who I'd like to be able to take on hikes(which he absolutely loves). So I'm not only getting in shape for myself, but them as well. Plus, I'm going away on holiday in 3 months, and my sister recently got engaged, and is getting married in September. I'd like to be in the best shape possible for both those events(I know I wont be 'thin' by my holiday, but I KNOW I can be a better ME by then :wink: )

For the most part, I do have a bit of support from home. Mainly from my mom and sister(who is also starting her weight loss journey with me). I'm lucky that the two of us have each other to lean on.

Unfortunately, dealing with that I went through in my school years, I feel as though the support isn't enough as I'm also battling with depression(which I don't exactly mention much to my family. They've been through enough, and I don't need to worry them). So I'm on here looking for some motivating friends to go through this journey with me who have similar goals(or not?)

Anybody feel free to add me! :smile:

Replies

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I know it's easy to say to not let the words effect you but they will. just remember at the end of the day is all about you. wish you the best.
  • AKidNamedScooter
    Options
    I'm totally here for support! You can do it! :-)
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Adam and I am training to be a personal trainer…anyway I joined MFP to help people so have a look at my post ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1158177-do-you-need-support-motivation-i-m-here-to-help) Feel free to add me!
  • jennysch84
    jennysch84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know a bit about dealing with hard things alone, trying not to worry or bother the people around me. It's hard and can be a burden on you. I hope you have a good support system.
    You have nothing to feel embarrassed about!!!! The stupid people that made fun of you are the ones that should feel embarrassed!!!!
    It's great you are starting this journey and taking care of yourself, Im here for support if you want to add me :)