Ok, I fell of the wagon but I climbed back on!

Options
Hey everyone, I've been around for a while and was doing ok but I crashed and burned - not the first time!

Anyway now I'm up to 250 lbs @ 6'0'' 50 years old and I really need to get back on track!! For some reason every time I get up around 250 my body goes haywire and I feel like crap, plus my brother in law pointed out how fat I was getting on Thanksgiving (thanks bro, now I feel like the butterball)

Any help / motivation would be much appreciated!! I really would like to get down to 200 if I can, I would feel and look so much better, plus my motorcycle would probably get much better gas mileage!

Please add me and we can help each other!

Thanks!!!
Dave

Replies

• lcline74
    lcline74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave,

250 lbs is not healthy and you know it. You took the first step and that is being here at myfitnesspal.com - GOOD JOB :)
    I am in the same boat. I am the heaviest I have ever been and MUST lose 45 lbs. There are no option…I MUST DO IT. You can do it DAVE…we all know how to do it - eat right and exercise…we just need the motivation and will to do it. Also, we must do it for us and for none else.

Good Luck - JUST DO IT!

Linda
  • RockMe777
    RockMe777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cool! Thanks Linda!! I know I can My brain and body say yes but my cravings say noooooo!!! Plus I really need to motivate and get some exercise!
  • ginapless
    ginapless Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I too have been on MFP in there past, and am now back. At 49 years old and about 237 lbs, I'm unemployed for the first time in my working life, back to school, changing careers and job hunting. It's been a pretty horrific year and I'm soooo looking forward to 2014! I've known it was inevitable, but it finally happened a couple months ago: Officially diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure, so weight loss is a must do. Not an option.

I'm looking for all the support I can get. Big points for me are to drink very little or no alcohol, portion control, eating throughout the day (I'm a late day eater), and getting exercise/walking happening. Let's do this thing!
  • KariRDH
    KariRDH Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave!

I'm right there too! I had a great first quarter in 2013. Took 30 lbs off!! Then I allowed "life" to get in my way and returned to my familiar habit of stress eating. So.... Here I am again. I KNOW I can take this weight off. This time I'm aiming to lose it and learn how to keep it off!!

We can do it!!

Feel free to add me as a friend. You too Linda!!
  • RockMe777
    RockMe777 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been working the night shift for tha past 9 months, I try to eat dinner around 6:00PM but I'm always starving around 11:30 / 12:00 so I always end up eating the yummy food my wife cooked for dinner.

Plus it's so easy to just hit the fast food for dinner, that stuff I know is gonna kill me for sure if I don't stop that right now!

Anyway, I start on graveyard shift January 6th so that is really going to throw me for a loop, eating lunch at 1:30am!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    plus my brother in law pointed out how fat I was getting on Thanksgiving (thanks bro, now I feel like the butterball)

More fuel for the fire man.

Use it as motivation every time you feel tired and think about skipping a work out.

... and once you reach your goal, instead of rubbing it in their faces, kill them with a smile instead.
  • eclecticduo
    eclecticduo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 48. Haven't ever really been successful in sticking to a program. I would like to start the T25 program tomorrow. Need to lose the weight to get my confidence back! I want to feel good again!
  • _ItsMyTime
    Options
    I used MFP 3 years ago to lose over 35 pounds and I am looking to lose that and more again. I learned that the support I received from this page is what kept me going. Knowing that I could vent about my frustrations to people who have been there / done that made a HUGE difference.

Unless I am traveling for work, I will be on here every day. I will support you--cheer on your victories and give you an ear or shoulder when you are feeling down. Let's do this together. Let's meet our goals and be the best we can be.

I've sent you a request..... and anyone else can add me if they'd like! :flowerforyou:
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hell and welcome!! Good luck, you got this!