Crumpet topping ideas

Options
i was thinking of new quick low calorie things 150-250 kcal
like crumpets, pancakes, bread, rolls,brioche and waffles but the only thing i could think of that always works of marmite because it is simple and quick without having to boil eggs of buy in ham that will go off by the end of the week so i was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas/help!

Replies

• scrapsandbones
    scrapsandbones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's actually nice or if I'm just weird but I LOVE tomato purée on mine. I buy it in tube form and it keeps for ages in the fridge. It's about 15 calories a tablespoon.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Humous, slice of cheese, cottage cheese (very good along with marmite!), salsa, scrambled egg (takes 2 mins in the microwave)
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like stewing some berries for about 2-3 mins until the juices come out and have those with a dollop of yoghurt on my crumpets. Frozen berries work well too at this time of year.

Edit due to silly auto correct thinking I eat trumpets...
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    A slice of tomato, some dried mixed herbs, and a tiny bit of grated cheese, it's like a wee crumpety pizza :)
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like a teaspoon of honey. :)
  • accendo
    accendo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Vegemite and a good tasty or vintage cheese!
  • jess17587
    Options
    how many calories is that?
    "honey" comment
  • jess17587
    Options
    im not 100% percent bothered about how healthy it is like for example i don't mind chocolate......