Healthy lunch ideas

Options
annetteleeds86
annetteleeds86 Posts: 3 Member
I need carb free lunch ideas? Iv been having porridge & fruit for breakfast, and chicken with veg for dinner, but I'm stuck for healthy ideas for lunch that will keep me full for a few hours. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Why carb free ...both your bfast and dinner has carbs in it? Anyways, maybe crust less quiche, any variety of fish, lettuce wraps are my faves.
  • annetteleeds86
    Options
    Exactly, I'm trying not to overload on carbs..
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is a great base for lunch. You can add:
    chicken, bacon, and dry ranch seasoning
    salsa, chicken and cheddar cheese
    pepperoni and marinara sauce
    tomato, avocado and pepper
    apple and sliced turkey
    tuna
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Confused!
    So you eat carbs for breakfast and dinner but not at lunch time.....
    What exactly are you trying to achieve?

If it's simply filling foods then there is no need to be carb free.
    I have two very low calorie days a week and my staple foods on these days are lean protein and loads of salad or cooked vegetables.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just have chicken and salad for lunch, with a fat free dressing. Easy to make up at the beginning of the week, pack them into air tight containers (the dressing separate of course). The chicken - chop up a roasted one at the beginning of the week, and freeze into whatever portion size you prefer (I tend to stick with around 30 - 35 grams) and take one out each morning. By lunch time, it's nicely defrosted and ready to toss over your salad.
  • annetteleeds86
    Options
    I really don't feel the need to explain myself. Iv lost 1stone11lb so far doing this my way. So I'm obviously doing okay, I asked for help with lunchtime ideas not to be quizzed over my decisions.

Thank you for the helpful ideas :) I can't believe I didn't think of cottage cheese!
  • LKuderna
    LKuderna Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Its_Nat, what a great idea, think I'll try it! I wanted to suggest Greek yogurt mixed with frozen mixed berries, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a tiny splash of vanilla, it also thaws out perfectly by lunchtime. I usually eat veggie sticks (carrots,celery,mini-peppers,etc.) on the side, and bring a piece of fruit if I get hungry later.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I just have chicken and salad for lunch, with a fat free dressing. Easy to make up at the beginning of the week, pack them into air tight containers (the dressing separate of course). The chicken - chop up a roasted one at the beginning of the week, and freeze into whatever portion size you prefer (I tend to stick with around 30 - 35 grams) and take one out each morning. By lunch time, it's nicely defrosted and ready to toss over your salad.

i hope you mean 30-35g protein, not 30-35g chicken?

I also pre bake a whole lot of chicken to have with salad for lunch. weigh out the raw weight of how ever many serves/sizes you want, bake it covered in herbs and spices for flavour. when it has cooled, reweigh and divide by however many serves you made.

salad is made 3 days at a time (more, than that and it goes yucky) - about 8 cups worth of leaves and lots of vegies

add chicken on the day, or a tin of salmon, along with home made mayo and apple cider vinegar for dressing. having a decent amount of protein and good fat will keep you satisfied longer :)

in winter, making batches of curry is good and easy - you can make a week's worth in one go. cook in ghee and add coconut milk for good fats, add steamed vegies, or cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles for low carb options
  • Its_Nat
    Options

I also pre bake a whole lot of chicken to have with salad for lunch. weigh out the raw weight of how ever many serves/sizes you want, bake it covered in herbs and spices for flavour. when it has cooled, reweigh and divide by however many serves you made.

salad is made 3 days at a time (more, than that and it goes yucky) - about 8 cups worth of leaves and lots of vegies

add chicken on the day, or a tin of salmon, along with home made mayo and apple cider vinegar for dressing. having a decent amount of protein and good fat will keep you satisfied longer :)

in winter, making batches of curry is good and easy - you can make a week's worth in one go. cook in ghee and add coconut milk for good fats, add steamed vegies, or cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles for low carb options

Ummmm no. I mean 30 - 35 grams of chicken. Is there some problem with that?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

it's miniscule!
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi Annette. Bunless burgers are good. Wrap your burger in two crisp pieces of head lettuce or romaine. This can be done for wrap sandwiches too. OR beef/chicken/pork STIR FRY. Mmmmmm OMG i want that stirfry now!!!!!!!!!! Of course there are some carbs here but they are veggie carbs and most veggies are high in fibre, therefore, they cancel out the carbs to almost nothing.
  • Its_Nat
    Options

it's miniscule!

Hahah - I don't need it to be a lot. It's enough mixed in with my salad, plus I also have a yoghurt to follow. Trust me - I make up for it at dinner time. :wink:
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Turkey is a favorite of mine. Then I have broccoli, celery, or sauerkraut as a veggie.

Other ideas: grilled cod or grilled chicken tenderloin breasts.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    fruit salad

spinach salad with lots of veggies
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Carb free = Pemmican without dried fruit or nuts

http://www.wildernesscollege.com/pemmican-recipes.html