Well it only took 7 months...

Options
But i FINALLY broke my plateau...7 MONTHS...unbelievable, I tried everything I could, changed my routine, my diet a few times, tried more calories, less calories....nothing worked. Now, all of a sudden it's started again. Woo.

-2.2lbs in 7 months :laugh:

Replies

• ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Props to you for sticking with it and not giving up!! Great job keep truckin :)
  • Allieballie
    Options
    Great job! Gotta bust through that plateau!

1292634.png
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I seem to keep hitting a plateu. I loose a little and hit one for about a week at a time. I'm hoping that getting back to exercising will help me. I hurt my back three weeks ago and feel like such a slug for not working out. Tomorrow my back will be good enough to do some light working out with our trainer at work.
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    I heard that it takes 6 months to regulate your body's "weight". Not sure I'm explaining this right but let me give it a go.

You lower your initial calorie intake from ...... 3000 to say...1800... So you lose weight over the course of about 3 months but then your body levels off and its more difficult for you to lose weight. If you can maintain that weight for 3-6 months it sort of resets your body's weight. What I mean by that is, they say there's a certain number that your body will always try to adjust to. I know this probably isn't making much sense because I'm bad at trying to communicate my point.

So to continue on (for those of you who can actually follow what I'm trying to say LMAO) after that maintenance period of 3-6 months, lower your calorie intake again to say....1400...you will see another weight drop.

What the article spoke to about maintaining was that you should monitor your weight to stay at that lose. If you started at 200 and lost 25lbs, maintain your weight at 175 for 3-6 months. Don't necessarily "diet" but make sure you stay within 3-5 pounds of that 175. Then after the 3-6 months of maintenance, go back to trying to lose instead of maintain.

So anyway, my point in all this is that it makes perfect sense that it took you 7 months to break through the plateau. Well...to me it does, based on the above theory LOL

Good for you for sticking through!!!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on breaking through and on sticking with it!!! That is really impressive!
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! What did you do to help break through the plateau? I've been told, and found that its relatively true, that if you up your water intake, you will break the plateau.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    WoW! Congrats to you not giving up! :)
  • Zephyr36608
    Options
    CONGRATS!
    Keep it up! :)
    Zephyr
  • wannabehotmomma
    wannabehotmomma Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to stick with it!! I bet it was hard to keep motivated!!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Congrats, way to stick with it!!!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Now that's commitment. You are doing great btw.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    That makes me so sad, 7 MONTHS!!!! Congratulations on keeping the committment I know I would have not have been able to do it. Thank goodness the needle is moving again.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That is awesome you stuck with it! I hit a plateau for 2 - 2 1/2 months and I didn't stop doing what I knew I needed to but I was starting to get discouraged!
    Props to you! : )
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Great job!!
  • kattungen
    Options
    Congratulations! I know exactly how it feels, I've been going up and down the same 3 kgs since early May, but in October things finally got better. Feels great, doesn't it?

Keep up the good work!
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    gosh...I am just getting started and already hitting a wall. You've inspired me to continue and not lose the faith! Congratulations!! Way to stick it out!
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I heard that it takes 6 months to regulate your body's "weight". Not sure I'm explaining this right but let me give it a go.

You lower your initial calorie intake from ...... 3000 to say...1800... So you lose weight over the course of about 3 months but then your body levels off and its more difficult for you to lose weight. If you can maintain that weight for 3-6 months it sort of resets your body's weight. What I mean by that is, they say there's a certain number that your body will always try to adjust to. I know this probably isn't making much sense because I'm bad at trying to communicate my point.

So to continue on (for those of you who can actually follow what I'm trying to say LMAO) after that maintenance period of 3-6 months, lower your calorie intake again to say....1400...you will see another weight drop.

What the article spoke to about maintaining was that you should monitor your weight to stay at that lose. If you started at 200 and lost 25lbs, maintain your weight at 175 for 3-6 months. Don't necessarily "diet" but make sure you stay within 3-5 pounds of that 175. Then after the 3-6 months of maintenance, go back to trying to lose instead of maintain.

So anyway, my point in all this is that it makes perfect sense that it took you 7 months to break through the plateau. Well...to me it does, based on the above theory LOL

Good for you for sticking through!!!
    This I get....you did good!
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired by your commitment!!!! That's fabulous staying power!!!! Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I hit a wall this past July and stayed there until September...so i know a little of your hurt. Good job on sticking with it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!