I am tired of the extra pounds.

Options
Hi everyone I am new to myfitness and as all of you here I want to lose the extra pounds. I have a whole other person to lose. I have felt my whole life like there are two of me trapped inside. I currently weight 280 and I want to weight 150. I have 130 pounds to lose, thats a person. I have tried so many ways to lose weight but I never stick with anything and the weight comes back plus more. This is the heaviest I have been and I am very tired of it. I have been slowly changing what I eat and taking baby steps with exercise, but I feel like its time to step it up. I hope to make friends and lose weight while I am here.

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me if you are looking for friends!
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome i know how you feel and you are not alone when i started i had 150 lbs to lose and now i have 77 more to go. You can do it and feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck:smile:
  • AKidNamedScooter
    Options
    Welcome! I started with a 120pound goal, so i understand. I'm glad to hear that you're tackling the challenge. It's hard as you know, but it's well worth it. Just stay patient and stick with! :-)
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to come and help you achieve your weight loss goals. Making friends on here will really help to keep you accountable. You have the right idea about making little changes one at a time. Overtime those little changes will add up to a huge transformation. I have sent you a friend request. I would love to support you on your journey. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • squirrelsrule
    squirrelsrule Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I'm about the same age and looking for friends to keep me accountable as well.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am new to myfitness and as all of you here I want to lose the extra pounds. I have a whole other person to lose. I have felt my whole life like there are two of me trapped inside. I currently weight 280 and I want to weight 150. I have 130 pounds to lose, thats a person. I have tried so many ways to lose weight but I never stick with anything and the weight comes back plus more. This is the heaviest I have been and I am very tired of it. I have been slowly changing what I eat and taking baby steps with exercise, but I feel like its time to step it up. I hope to make friends and lose weight while I am here.

Welcome! This is a good place to find people who will help you be accountable. I am not going to wish you luck because you do not need it. You have already taken an important step in gaining control over your life. You can do this! You will do this!

You are welcome to add me as a friend if you care to. I log in every day. My diary is open to all. I log every morsel of food and drink that passes my lips. I have taken up running, and I log every mile, every day. I keep a small and manageable calorie deficit, and I, like so many others here, have lost weight.

Again, welcome.
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP & good luck with your goals! I'm on here every day & I'm always looking to give more support as well as get accountability buddies.
    Friend request sent. :)
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am new to myfitness

Start here... and read the links as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants
  • NeccieGeddings
    Options
    Thank you for all the warm welcome, well wishes, and encouragements. I am very happy I choose this site as a tool to help me on this change in my life. Thank you all again.
  • thunderthyghz
    thunderthyghz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! You can do it! Feel free to add me!