Changes

Options
I have 2 hours in between classes and normally I would go with friends and eat somewhere. Now that I don't want to eat fast food, the group has left and I just realized that I have to changes, not just myself but all those around me, what I do, where I go. I knew I would have to, but the reality of the changes to be made are hitting me now. Any suggestions?

Replies

• leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You could always go and eat something healthy bec most places have salads and wraps that are good and then have water.. or bring your lunch and then eat it at the fast food place while everyone else gets the fast food. That way you still have the interaction without all the bad food. I hope it gets better
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Have lunch at healthy restaurant
    Power walk for an hour and snack on something filling afterwards ie apples and peanut butter, yogurt and fruit, nuts and cottage cheese.
    Study and get homework done so you have more free time at home!!

Just some thoughts!
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food all the time. The key for me is portion control. For 500 calories you can have three Taco Bell Fresco tacos, the hamburger and small fires at any burger place, or a six inch subway.
  • rynsmom0911
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, and you are right, I can read and study for those two hours rather than just eat. ;-)
  • rynsmom0911
    Options
    Before when I went to a fast food rest, I would glaze over the lite fare portion not realizing the choices they offer. Thanks for pointing it out. I think I was having a pity party at what I would be missing instead of focusing on what I could still have.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food all the time. The key for me is portion control. For 500 calories you can have three Taco Bell Fresco tacos, the hamburger and small fires at any burger place, or a six inch subway.

You just have to watch Sodium at those places :)
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Before when I went to a fast food rest, I would glaze over the lite fare portion not realizing the choices they offer. Thanks for pointing it out. I think I was having a pity party at what I would be missing instead of focusing on what I could still have.

Or you can bring your lunch and still eat with your friends. I bet you over time your friends will see your changes and begin to want to change with you and perhaps they will bring their lunches and you can all eat outside then take a walk :)
  • rynsmom0911
    Options

You just have to watch Sodium at those places :)

You sound like you may know something about what fast foods are okay to eat and which are not, any suggestions?
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I don't know much about good fast food options.. but I am sure if you google the nutritional informtion about some fast food places you can get a good idea there on which is healthier options.