Eating Disorders

Options
Hey all,

I am currently recovery from an ED that I've had for many years. It has been struggle focusing on my food diary. I'm looking for friends to help and motivate each other to fully recovery.

I am not judgmental, and hope to find others that want to focus on healthy eating.

To be honest...I am a major binge eater with a tendency to purge when I'm super stuffed. I am a little nervous putting this out in opening but having a support from other is key.

thanks

Replies

• rella_1003
    rella_1003 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best with your recovery :smile:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    nrida,

Welcome. It takes a lot to be honest about an eating disorder. I know, I've been there, though it's been many years. When I finally admitted I was bulimic,I was referred to group therapy with other people with eating disorders, which helped tremendously. I'm lucky I didn't cause any damage to my body.

When you say you are recovering from an eating disorder, do you mean you are under a doctor's care and in a recovery program and/or therapy? Even though there is support here, making sure you are under a doctor's care and in some type of recovery is pretty important. This is not something you can beat with internet friends or along. You need support in your everyday life.

The best of luck on your recovery. :smile:
  • nrida
    nrida Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey SR. Glad to know that its possible to my goal.

I'm trying to find the right therapy that will work for me...so I'm still looking. But you're right ...its best to get a professional to be fully free.