Chicken maryland healthy??

Options
Just curious if people would consider chicken maryland a good source of lean meat?

Question seems silly but i hear so much about staying away from chicken nuggets and instead choosing lean chicken breasts where possible i'm just wondering where chicken maryland comes into this....weekly in college i always buy chicken breasts without any skin and grill them for lunch/dinners but changed it up a bit last week and tryed some chicken maryland instead, just wondering what are others thoughts on this. :)

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Maryland? what is it?
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    its like chicken coated in breadcrumb.

http://www.jameswhelanbutchers.com/proddetail.php?prod=6303
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Without knowing the ingredients and preparation or what your diet looks like and how this would fit in, it's pretty much impossible for anyone to answer your question. You need to start figuring out calorie and nutrient amounts for the foods you consume and deciding for yourself if they fit into the diet and lifestyle you want.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    It's boneless skinless chicken breast, so yes it's a good source of lean protein. Just be mindful that it has a breadcrumb coating. Personally I would either make my own bread crumbs or use panco.......fried in some bacon fat and you have a winner....of course most people that buy boneless skinless chicken breasts would probably keel over in grief from the bread crumbs or the bacon fat....j/k:happy:
  • Loosing63
    Loosing63 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Are you preparing it yourself? In that case try crushed cornflakes instead of the breadcrumbs. I grew up having a butcher around the corner who offered chicken breasts coated in bread crumbs, cornflakes and even slivered almonds.