Aiming to loose 117.94lbs...Humbly asking support :)

Options
Hey everyone, I am finally taking a stand on my body. I have tried to loose weight for years but every time I hit that threshold where my body feels like it's gonna die if I don't get what I want now...I fail, I give in to desire and feel like such a failure that I leave for months and eat myself bigger.

I have never been this honest with myself. I aim to loose a whole person, along with shredding almost 30 years of mental hurt about the way I have seen myself. My weight is destructive for me but somethings have happened lately that lead me to believe that it's time to change my life.

My diet used to consist of meat, pasta or chips, and ALOT of bread and deep fried foods. 6 months ago I decided to fight for my health and I became a vegetarian to start on my journey. Some might say this is wrong, but it's not as far as I am concerned because I was eating massive quantities of fatty meat and seriously thoughtless food. I am here because I feel I need support from genuine people wanting to help others succeed. I have tended not to ask for help before because every time I have, I tend to get people hoping for a bit of flirty fun on the side. I'm not looking for that, this is my focus lol.

Please help... nice to meet everyone.

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Good for you for being Honest!

We are here to help! If Vegetarian works for you, that's great.

Welcome!
    Nancy
  • kamabile1106
    kamabile1106 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vegetarianism is a really healthy way to be! Much lower in cholesterol and fat! You can do this girl! Set small goals so you don't feel too overwhelmed!

*sending encouragement your way*

Katie
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Welcome to MFP!

Everyone has ups and downs when trying to lose weight! In terms of being vegetarian….if that works for you then great! There isn't an exact way of losing weight it's all about finding what works for you! Feel free to add me. I joined MFP to help people so have a look at my post ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1158177-do-you-need-support-motivation-i-m-here-to-help)!

Good luck!
  • GoBobbi
    Options
    Hi!

I just joined today and am also looking to lose a whole person hehe. My person weighs a little more than yours but that's ok. I'd love if we could be here for each other. Fighting for yourself is awesome because no one else is going to do it for you. I hope this journey teaches you how to love yourself even more. You are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you differently, especially yourself. Ever read or seen the Perks of Being a Wallflower? I truly believe you accept the love you think you deserve. Please reach out whenever you like :D

Continued success,
    Bobbi
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i'm a big fan of decimal places. :bigsmile:
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's nice to meet you. You're in the right place for support. :)
  • brillanta
    brillanta Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    We can do it. Need a plan for hard times, hungry times, point of decision times.
  • ItsTimeCharlie
    ItsTimeCharlie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bahaha, thats awesome, I only worked it out on google calc and copied and pasted lol (used to working in kg's over here)....nice to meet you :D
  • ItsTimeCharlie
    Options
    Thanks Nancy, really nice to meet you. Wish they had a "LIKE" button on posts lol would make life simple :D
  • ItsTimeCharlie
    Options
    Sorry guys I'm trying to reply to your posts but not so sure it's coming up correctly because my posts aren't sitting with your comments. No matter, what I wanted to say, is I am overwhelmed and so thankful right now. :D Just knowing people are here to support so fast is just mind boggling. Pity MFP don't have a like button lol
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    Well hello there :)
    We're all on that journey (or at least a very good chunk of us)! Whatever you do, DON'T QUIT!
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Fight the good fight, we are here for support ! I need it too
  • veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Everything is right about being vegetarian, been one for almost 8 years now.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Your profile pic is stunning. BUT...you need to be comfortable with yourself and body. Feel free to add me.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    You can add me. My goal is about 115 from where I am now :)
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! :-) Add me if you want :-)
  • miramis
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in the same boat too, I need to loose almost half of my current weight, scary thought, so walking buddies, general support, friends etc much appreciated.

Anna
  • NI68
    NI68 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I've been a vegetarian for about 20 years... and I'm on here... so clearly one can be an overweight vegetarian. :) I'm hoping to lose between 40 and 50 pounds. I'm not changing my vegetarian diet. For me the diet is more about my own ethical/philosophical concerns, though I am by no means militant about it (I frequently cook beef, poultry, fish, and seafood for others.)

I'm not a vegan, which means that I do eat dairy products and eggs. My goal is to be a much more cautious vegetarian, which means increasing my intake of greens and legumes and lowering my portions of sugar. I just went out and bought an assortment of legumes and I'm hoping to make some hummus like pastes, and to add more legumes to my salads and soups.

I've also just started exercising again.

Good luck!!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    I started 35 days ago, this site makes it easy, log what you eat, log your exercise, check out your nutrition in real time and you will see results, I lost 22# without trying too hard. I gave up fast food and soda essentially and trying to give up processed foods.

Friend me if you like, I will support you along your journey.
  • supaflyrobby
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Part of the initial process for me was also taking a cold hard look in the mirror, and not just physically either.

I can't offer much dietary advice to you since I am a Keto guy, but feel free to add me if you like for additional support. I am a daily logger and poster.