Daily Exercise Ideas

Options
I'm a new mom and I'm trying to find easy ways to eat right and burn calories. I don't have a lot of time to devote to a gym so I need ideas to add to my day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    Options
    Just a few ideas... run your stairs sticks out to me and there are quick and easy exercise moves in every fitness magazine that you could remember and do throughout the day. I also have fit tv that comes with my cable, maybe you have something like that and find some half hour programs that are different to try. Hope that gives you some ideas!
  • PattiLLong
    Options
    Get the current Fitness Magazine out now (Nov/Dec). There's a great total body workout in it that you can do at home.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    Browse through the exercise options here. When I realized they count food prep and light cleaning around the house as exercise, I found a stopwatch app on my phone and use it everytime I start doing anything around the house. A big part of weight loss is the mental aspect of it. I hate cleaning house, but when I think of it as exercise, it makes it slightly less unpleasant. Only taking 5 minutes to unload the dishwasher? Log it! Every minute counts.
  • hopewms
    Options
    When I first started strength building exercises someone here on MFP gave me this site:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

I love it!!! It has helped me a lot.
  • TORtheCarrot
    Options
    If you have OnDemand,
    go to the Sports & Fitness section then Exercise TV.

Tons of FREE 10-30 min classes to do in your living room. Super easy to switch up your routine with these, try new things, and focus on target areas. Everything from Yoga, Pilates, Cardio Aerobics, Arms, Abs, Legs, Butt, Toning... with great instruction

I love these (I don't have a gym membership anymore and think they are a great way to get good workouts in with more intensity you would by yourself). Plus they are easy to fit in anytime you have 10min! Or if you have 45min for a workout, you can do a combination of 3 or so, and feel like you get great results!

This and jogging/walking/biking outside before it gets too cold (depending where you live), which is great to enjoy the weather/neighborhood when you can.