First big target achieved! Pics as well...

Options
I've been trawling through the boards and wondering whether or not to post my own success story on the boards. I have seen my husband's own success post, and how inspired people have been as a result of it, so I guess I want to do my bit too! I have, rather shamelessly, copied the Facebook posts I made to announce my target achievement, and hope that my words can motivate and inspire some of you out there, who may be looking for some help along the way :)
And so I’ve done it – got to my target weight and lost 100lbs in 8 months (that’s a steady 2.85lbs per week for any of you thinking that that’s too much too quickly). You may be wondering how I did it, and maybe some of you are hoping to have some sort of quick-fix reply e.g. “I found a miracle diet” or “I found a great diet pill” or “The only thing I eat is a packet of Wotsits every 45 minutes”. You will be disappointed. It’s been a long journey of VERY hard work, during which there has literally been blood, sweat and tears (more of the middle one than anything else). It was a combination of calorie counting and a lot of exercise. And any of you who want to try and tell me that you’ve tried that and it doesn’t work, I have one thing to say – TRY HARDER. I’ve been overweight since I was in primary school, and it’s worked a treat for me. That being said, I cannot claim to have done this on my own - I could not have done this without help with my close friends and, of course, my amazing husband. Next target – to get within a “normal” BMI range. Seems like pie in the sky at the moment, but then so did 100lbs loss 100lbs ago.
Here it is - my "past and present" shot (I say "present" because I'm not done yet)! The picture on the left was taken in February of this year, the one on the right a few weeks ago. Some statistics for you - to get to the much better looking me on the right, I have burned 134,495 calories doing 276 hours of exercise (not including any Wii or aerobic exercise, or any exercise at all between April and July), covered a total distance of 1023 miles (through running, swimming, cycling and cross-training) and done over 6000 sit-ups. I'm not done yet though - next stop 10lbs more to go!
Me.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!