Helping hubby

Options
So my husband has decided he wants to get healthy with me (YAY!) but he wants to do some reading up on nutrition and fitness specifically tailored to men. We're having a rough time finding anything and wondered if anyone had some ideas? Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    good luck,, the more weight I lose, he puts on
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Most men tend to enjoy lifting and alot try to balance it with cardio - just varies depending on the person and their starting abilities. Swimming is a great start if a person, man or woman, has not worked out in a while. Diet and fuel are an integral part to a new regime. There are many avenues to look at on here - good luck!
  • Noc6285
    Noc6285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So my husband has decided he wants to get healthy with me (YAY!) but he wants to do some reading up on nutrition and fitness specifically tailored to men. We're having a rough time finding anything and wondered if anyone had some ideas? Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Marksdailyapple.com
    Leangains.com
    chaosandpain.com
  • Aquabird
    Aquabird Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My husband loves Abs Diet.
  • kcb0308
    kcb0308 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't really think there's gonna be much difference in theory for weight loss for men and women. Now given, men and women may lose weight differently, meaning at different paces and such. Just encourage him to follow a plan and encourage him when he needs it. Already being on MFP, you have a step up when it comes to knowledge.
  • meme249
    meme249 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Both of my son's (adults- one a marine and one police officer) both like the magazine Men's Health, It has information more toward the healthy aspect according to them. they both work out and run if that helps.
  • dorrymc
    Options
    Sorry but I don't know any of the technical websites/advice. I'd just advise him to begin and maybe take markers from you? Going forward to 2014 together with a plan would be good. Sure others are better informed but am happy to put in my tuppence-worth if it helps. All the best to you both :)
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Boxing and stronglifts 5X5. Helped me lose a lot so far please I get to hit stuff and pick up heavy stuff and use apps to track it.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Did your husband really ask for help?

Checkout bodybuilding.com
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    https://www.coursera.org/course/lifenutr

here is a good place for a general nutrition class and it is free. You can both take it online. My wife and I took it last year and learned quite a bit. Good luck to him.
  • Rompers616
    Options
    I helped my husband lose weight. I left him. Ha!
  • kcb0308
    kcb0308 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I helped my husband lose weight. I left him. Ha!

Oh geez. :laugh:
  • lindzann88
    lindzann88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'll keep passing along the links and I'll have him check out Men's Health magazine. :)
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    This one is great as well.

http://body-improvements.com

Best of luck. I wish I could get my hubby into it.
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Key for me less reading more sweating. I never seen anyone loss weight reading. Walking running weight lighting. Eating clean helps a lot. He's just trying to postpone it.
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Have him hit up bodybuilding.com, menshealth.com and mensfitness.com. They are PACKED full of good info for the man trying to get in shape!
  • mareemak
    Options
    Helping hubby whilst helping myself

David Gillespie - 'Sweet Poison' and 'The Sweet Poison Quit Plan
    Michael Moseley - on intermittent fasting
    Frederic Delavier - Strength Training Anatomy
  • warrenrose12
    warrenrose12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i,d say this is the best advice for men,s health and fitness given, can,t go past this they got everything , or just go on the internet there really is no excuse for him. Hope he does well in his fitness and weight loss journey.. plenty support here i love it get him involved with us ..all the best :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Anything by Lyle McDonald or Alan Aragon.