I need a change

Options
Basically since I was 7 years old I've been extremely overweight. Today I turned 24 and I'm ready for a change. I want to experience something more than anxiety about going out in public because of what people might think when they look at me. I want to love myself. I have no clue about good eating habits and exercise habits but I'm willing to learn. I've heard this site has a good support system. I need that.

Replies

• AKidNamedScooter
    Options
    Hey there! First of all, happy birthday :-) I hope you had a great day. My name is Brandon. I'm 24 also and I've been overweight my entire life. And it has sucked. A little over two years ago, I became cool with a young lady who is a health nut! She taught me about nutrition and from there, my weight loss journey began. The more I learned, the more I wanted to know. When I saw progress, I became addicted. This year, I plan on finishing my body transformation. So I know what you've been through is tough and I know starting out can be a little rough, but I'm here to support you in anyway that I can. So whatever I know, I'm willing to share if you want the information. I hope you have a great rest of the night and I hope you achieve your goals. Be blessed.
  • ajey
    ajey Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you so much. So far so good. Honestly it's been a day to reflect on what I want to accomplish rather than a day of celebration. I'm that way with everything else. I know that if I can drop just 20 pounds I'll be motivated to continue it's just finding out the things I need to do to get started. I appreciate you replying I'll definitely take you up on your offer thank you. Have a lovely night.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday !!!!!

Here's to a year of change!!! Would love to help if I can. I haven't faced as big of a change, but I've had my challenges.
  • 4heavensake
    4heavensake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've used myfitnesspal for a long time now but never taken advantage of the support system. Guess I didn't want to become vulnerable to strangers.
    One little bit of advice from me is to take one day at a time and one step at a time. For exercise just get up and out and move wether you stay inside and walk around your home 5 laps, 1 lap, 10 laps...it's something, it's a start and it makes a difference. Eating-wait for hunger, even if you only do it once that day...it's a start. Progress. You can do this. As you take one step at a time you become stronger, physically and mentally.