Betting on Weight Loss

Options
I have an interesting way of motivation to lose weight. I have literally just made a bet that I will lose weight. How it works it that there's this website ( dietbetter.com ) where you can place a bet that you will lose either 4% of your weight in 4 weeks or 10% in 6 months. I chose the 10% since I actually have about 60 lbs to lose but anyways, if you succeed you are awarded money. There is a large group of people who are in the same group so all of your bets are put in a big pot which is then split between everyone who reaches the goal in 6 months. There are specific weekly weigh-ins to keep track. Not only do you get to lose weight, but you get money for it too! Just thought this was a new idea if you need a push for 2014. It is called the "diet bet"

Replies

• kcb0308
    kcb0308 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's cool. How do "they" know the weigh-ins you post are accurate? I don't need that as motivation, but if you find it fun and empowering, go for it.
  • hedean
    hedean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well from what I understand, you post pictures of yourself on your scale and also a picture of your scale with a special word written on a piece of paper next to your scale for each week. The website has employees who act as referees, checking everyone's entries. If they have any suspicions, you must do a video weigh-in.
  • sardean16
    Options
    I"m getting ready to do my weigh-in on DietBet this afternoon!
  • adayinaz
    adayinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! 10% sounds scary, but it really isn't - I weigh 253 right now so 10% is just over 25 lbs which averages out to just over a pound a week. That's actually really doable!
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I recently joined diet bet after reading a post on here, not sure if it was this one or another one. I love the concept.

I joined the 4% in 4 weeks blogiates one plus the transformer diet 10. Since starting the first one (3 Jan) I have lost 3.1kilos...most of that would be water weight, but now to tackle the fat!