Needing encouragement and support

Options
Hi.....I am new. I have tried many times to lose weight however it has been difficult because I don't get support/encouragement from my Husband. In fact he tempts me with unhealthy foods.

I'm not real sure how this forum works but I am hoping to get the support and encouragement I don't get at home. Plus I hope to do the same for others. I am planing to begin January 1St. A new year....new beginnings.

I am looking forward to meeting you.

:) A.

Replies

• bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! you can find great encouragement here-- welcome to a new lifestyle!
  • wsugrad05
    wsugrad05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Been in your shoes, and am here hoping to make a change in my life too. Anytime you need an ear, I'm here to listen.
  • becka66218
    Options
    Yes me too! How can we add each other
  • wenikikini
    wenikikini Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Been there with family before, however I have a great husband who supports me, I just lose self control! Like you I'm starting on the first and plan to make it work!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I've sent you a friend request.
    I've been on here almost a year now, I lost most of my weight at the beginning, but have been maintaining for months now.
    I'm getting back on track Jan 2nd, I want to get down to my target weight and tone up my jelly bits ready for my family summer holiday.
    We can do this, we will do this.
  • biker311
    biker311 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mornin,
    I can understand needing encouragement. Like you, several people in my life have been, shall we say, less than supportive but, that didn't stop me from trying. Comments range from " you look awful"' to " eat this, wont hurt to gain a few pounds" among others. Anyway, don't stop, keep going and be proud of yourself.
  • emmaemz1985
    emmaemz1985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm starting to eat healthier now I lost weight in 2012 however I got lazy and put it all back on again plus more so now I'm determined to get back on track. Add me xxx
  • rosevalleygirl23
    rosevalleygirl23 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I friend. I'll cheer you on. I got a jump start to this fitness gig over the summer and am feeling strong and confident moving forward.
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Please feel free to add me! I understand where you are coming from.. my DH actually thinks the more weight I lose the more chance I will leave him :huh: However in the last year he has really changed his tune and sees how much happier i am when active. Its alot of work but if I didnt have this place I wouldnt have continued! I found my trainer here and he and his wife have really helped me! Its a great place!