New here...but not to exercise

Options
Ugh, I gorged myself this week. I took the week off and let the diet go. I only gained 2 lbs but I feel horrible and bloated. A friend invited me here, so I thought I would give it a try.

I'm going to eat super clean for the next two weeks or so, and try cutting for the first time. Which is going to be super difficult for me, I'm a carb addict on top of being a picky eater.

Anybody else? Tips? Favorite cutting foods or recipes?

Replies

• janettebishop940
    Options
    If you have trouble cutting down on carbs a super clean diet might not be for you. Try just setting a calorie limit and eat a bit better as and when you can and you might find you might do well long term. This site is about changing lifestyle and nutrition rather than a 2 week quick fix. Good luck.
  • janettebishop940
    Options
    I've just noticed your profile picture. What you worrying about 2lbs for ?
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I've just noticed your profile picture. What you worrying about 2lbs for ?

I'm not worried about 2 lbs, even though I'm not quite at my goal. I feel crappy and eating clean makes me feel better. So I'm going to batten down the hatches for 2 weeks and cleanse. I had far too many carbs this week, which is probably contributing to my bloat and crankiness, so I figured I would try cutting for the first time.
  • janettebishop940
    Options
    Sorry! You sounded like a newbie in your post - trying to make a quick fix! I gained a lb over Christmas. And a lot of wind from those extra carbs I'm not used to anymore!
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Sorry! You sounded like a newbie in your post - trying to make a quick fix! I gained a lb over Christmas. And a lot of wind from those extra carbs I'm not used to anymore!

HAHA, exactly. I feel yucky. I had a moderate run today, still feel yucky and bloated. Time to detox.