Coffee alternative

Options
I like to wake up in the morning and have coffee with my sugar or a capaccino. I need to find an alternative to this. I cant do black coffee ive tried before i cant stand it but i LOVE my coffee with sugar and creamer but it adds TOO MANY calories. What is a good alternative for a hot morning drink that is sweet(ish) Or good teas that will wake me up sweetened with honey. Thanks

Replies

• kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    we all have to make changes in order to succeed in our weight loss journey. start cutting the uneccessary calories that restricts your weight loss. It will be more satisfying to fit on the new wardrobe and playing with your daughter without being winded walking 100 yards.
  • medpretzel
    medpretzel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    try stevia? saves you 16 calories per teaspoon of sugar. At least it's a start.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Cuppa Tetleys
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Maybe Chai tea?
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    A. Try good coffee that doesn't need to be masked by cream and sugar
    B. Honey is sugar
    C. Herbal teas(tinctures) are really hit and miss, try getting a sampler of different brands.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Why give up something you love? If you love coffee you don't have to give it up. I have gone sugar free with my coffee. I use sugar free creamers and stevia. This isnt' because I am against sugar, it is to save on calories to use else where.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I used to use cream & sugar in my coffee. I weaned myself away from sugar by using decreasing amounts of honey & almond milk, then just almond milk, and finally unsweetened almond milk. At one point it was so heavy on the almond milk, I had to heat it a little, so it was still hot enough. I prefer to brew Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks at home. I think the quality of the coffee does affect how much you need to add to it.