Not that much to lose...

Options
I'm looking to lose about 18lbs (after I'm planning on seeing how I look/feel) but my problem is motivation. I know I'm not looking my best at the moment but I still look ok. I'm lucky to be tall so weight doesn't show quite so badly! I'm fairly fit for someone who isn't a sports lover, can run 5k comfortably etc. So my weight loss is purely motivated by how I look.

Is there anyone else looking to lose a relatively small (not 100lbs etc) amount of weight/does anyone have any motivation tips? I'm finding it frustrating that I can't seem to get motivated enough to lose any weight!

thanks!

Replies

• SootySwift
    Options
    Hi, I'm hoping to lose 20-24 lbs in total.
    I got motivated by taking pics of myself in my undies... It really worked! Although, I'm a shorty so extra weight really does show ;)
    Anytime I'm starting to feel like I can't be bothered with all this calorie counting I just take a look at those pics (in a hidden folder, password protected!!) and I get right back on the wagon.

Good luck :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have about 18 pounds to lose. I'm the same as you. Unlike some people, I don't have the motivation of health or being able to play with kids or buy clothes from normal shops. Hence I have gained and lost the same few pounds for years. I just find it hard to get that motivation. I'd love to message you daily so we can help motivate each other. Message me if you're interested.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    hi about 12 pounds to go
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yep,
    My goal is to be at 22% body fat and that makes my goal weight around 121 lbs (I'm 134 lbs at the moment) But I feel that I look fine the way I am right now so I'm taking it slow.

I've only lost 2 lbs so far on 3 months, so yeah, I'm taking it SUPER slow.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    It's s frustrating that weight is hard to get off.
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yep,
    My goal is to be at 22% body fat and that makes my goal weight around 121 lbs (I'm 134 lbs at the moment) But I feel that I look fine the way I am right now so I'm taking it slow.

We have very similar goals...I was 134 last week but a few days celebrating over Xmas has sent my weight up to 137lbs :( If you don't mind I'm going to send you a FR for support and motivation:)
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 18lbs (after I'm planning on seeing how I look/feel) but my problem is motivation. I know I'm not looking my best at the moment but I still look ok. I'm lucky to be tall so weight doesn't show quite so badly! I'm fairly fit for someone who isn't a sports lover, can run 5k comfortably etc. So my weight loss is purely motivated by how I look.

Is there anyone else looking to lose a relatively small (not 100lbs etc) amount of weight/does anyone have any motivation tips? I'm finding it frustrating that I can't seem to get motivated enough to lose any weight!

thanks!

FR sent :)
  • lauren_jb
    lauren_jb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Exactly! The only time I feel properly rubbish is when I'm shopping for a party dress and nothing fits...

Feel free to send a request :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly in the same boat here. I have 11 lbs to lose (arguably I could lose 15 lbs, but my first goal is 11 more). And I've been horribly lazy, pretty much eating at maintenance the last week. Ugh.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Let's try to keep each other motivated. Should we start a group and check in with each other every day?
  • medpretzel
    medpretzel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here.
    Yep,

We have very similar goals...I was 134 last week but a few days celebrating over Xmas has sent my weight up to 137lbs :( If you don't mind I'm going to send you a FR for support and motivation:)
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been trying to lose the last 10 for months now...
    I need motivation to exercise to get rid of the last belly fat that is soo stubborn !!!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Have you tried getting into weight training to re-shape your body and set different goals for yourself. I find the scale can be frustrating. I used to just run, nothing major, but lifting has really changed my physique and body fat%.
    I am up 8 pounds since beginning of December so looking to get shed those and get back at it!
    Feel free to friend me; make sure you include a message though!
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have another 15- 20 pounds to go , now I'm fitting into smaller clothes the chocolate seems okay, feel free to add me :)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I was hanging on to about 15 lbs and since i was so close to goal it was hard to get motivated. I ramped up my exercise. Joined a group listing calories burned per week. Practiced clean eating 90% for about 3 months. Lost the weight and have been maintaining
  • lesliethescribe
    Options
    you're preaching to the choir!

gained about 5-6 pounds because of the holidays and now need to lose those pounds. freaking out because i don't feel the same motivation i felt to lose the 80 pounds i managed to lose before.

we just need to think positive!
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have 12 more to go as well, but ultimately I would like to lose 15-20!!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 10 pounds (again! Ugh!). You're right, it can be hard to find motivation when you know you look ok (especially clothed) but not necessarily your best. I have gained/lost this same 10 pounds twice now in the last two years; I hope this is my last time!
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    I am looking to lose about the same! Anyone is welcome to add me!
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have 5 pounds to go... Trying to find my way back to a disciplined calorie intake after the holiday hiatus.

I'm ok with how I look but would love to wear a bikini this summer... I've been hiding away since the birth of my two children. It's time for mommie to shine lol