Going over on protein and fiber?

Options
Is this really a bad thing? I was trying to pack more protein and fiber into my diet.

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    not if it's lean protein no ... the site sets protein and fiber values really low you SHOULD however track your sodium if you aren't
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    It's a GREAT thing! Keep it up!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I rarely go over in protein, but tend to go over in fiber. I think it's good to get all you can....
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I had this issue awhile back too. What MFP members told me was that going over on protein is actually a good thing, especially if you're working out. I go over on protein and fiber almost every single day...but they're the ONLY things I'm OKAY with going over on! :)
  • JohnMaile
    Options
    It would be pretty hard to have too much protein. I just wouldn't go over 300 grams a day, since that can get hard on your body. The one thing you just wanna make sure is how much sodium and cholesterol you're getting, as mentioned earlier. Also, not all proteins are equal. For instance, eggs, chicken and steak are complete proteins, meaning they have all the essential amino acids in adequate amounts for the human body, where beans are not.
  • JohnMaile
    Options
    ..... and with fiber, just make sure you're drinking enough water!! Otherwise things tend to get a little backed up on a high fiber diet!!