Water Intake && YEAR ROUND Allergies

Options
Has anyone realized that less mucus is produced, and less pollen is sticking to the body when drinking lots of water through the day ? It may be that I'm flushing everything out, but on days I get enough water in I feel "empty" as it were.

Replies

• GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't know about your allergies, but I used to have a very bad post-nasal drip due to too much mucus, and I always drank tons of water. The only thing that helped reduce my mucus was giving up dairy.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Yeah, for me, its taking a supplement (NAC) that has helped. I was still getting bronchitis and pneumonia when I got sick because of the post nasal. Dairy has been a recent removal and also helped. I used to notice within 24 hours if I'd missed a dose
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yeah. That's why allergists are always lecturing patients to drink lots of water. It's a well-known thing in the allergy/sinus world. It's not that less mucus is produced. It's that the water thins it out so it can flow out of the body more easily as it is produced, instead of thickening and collecting in the sinus cavities.
  • brandonzeciri
    Options
    Before really paying attention to what I ate I couldn't breath out of my nose at all, and always had a mucus build up in my throat. It was gross... Drinking a gallon of water a day, kicking dairy to the road (short of some skim milk in my coffee), and getting rid of wheat has cleared me up completely.