my lunch is ruined

Options
I just made myself a Lean Cuisine Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce and the chiken was nowhere to be found. How sad! Now I have no idea the camount of calories I've eaten and a lack of protein in my afternoon. Boo to you Lean Cuisine.

:wink: Just for the record, I'm not looking for a commentary on the quality of frozen meals. I am fully aware of the sodium amounts and the fact that they are evil, nasty processed food. They work for me for lunch and keep me from going out and grabbing some Chipotle. I know they are bad for me. Just wanted to rant about the fact that I am still STARVING now.

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Argh.....Darn Lean Cuisine I wave my hand at you for ruining silly gooses lunch~~!

There, I hope that helps a little

**still waving hand ** :huh:
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Do you have anything to snack on? you got your water handy?
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Lol, I too am a lover of lean cuisines, and you know what? sometimes there's no chicken in mine either. I still record the same amount, but grab some protien on the side! Sorry for your loss! :)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    chug chug chug chug chug

That's me chugging my water. I'll just go home and raid the Halloween candy. Just kidding...maybe...
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I would probably deduct 2 or 3 ouces of chicken breast from the entree. You can post negative numbers in your food log.

PS: I eat them too! I cook all my snacks and breakfast and make salads to go with my frozen entree or whatever I am eating. It's just too much to plan and prepare everything :happy:
  • FelipaJ
    Options
    :wink: Just for the record, I'm not looking for a commentary on the quality of frozen meals. I am fully aware of the sodium amounts and the fact that they are evil, nasty processed food. They work for me for lunch and keep me from going out and grabbing some Chipotle. I know they are bad for me. Just wanted to rant about the fact that I am still STARVING now.

lol...just think of all sodium, evil and nasty you just saved yourself :laugh:
    but I get what you're saying...if you paid for chicken you should get chicken.
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, most of my lunches consist of Lean Cuisine...I love them....AND..I add salt...boo to me...
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Wow - I am not always a squeaky wheel, but I think a letter is in order! [ Dear Lean Cuisine, That sure was lean. I have a question for Quality Control: where's the chicken?] or something less snide.

At the very least maybe they'll try to refund you or send you some coupons for free future purchases? :ohwell:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Wow - I am not always a squeaky wheel, but I think a letter is in order! [ Dear Lean Cuisine, That sure was lean. I have a question for Quality Control: where's the chicken?] or something less snide.

At the very least maybe they'll try to refund you or send you some coupons for free future purchases? :ohwell:

That's funny, I just wrote them a very sweet email regarding my disppointment. I could use some free lunches!
  • katerinab
    Options

I'm all about snide - I think your letter is great :)

I too eat Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones and other evil frozen dinners. If it's not those, then it might be McDonalds or something. Like I need any MORE Big Macs attached to my thighs and butt....
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    chug chug chug chug chug

That's me chugging my water. I'll just go home and raid the Halloween candy. Just kidding...maybe...

I know you're kidding....but don't! Yesterday I caved and ate way too many chocolate covered pretzels. It ruined my calorie count, I exercised my butt off and only burned 1/2 the extra calories, and I was hungry for most of the day because I didn't want to eat an extra 1000 calories to make up for my chocolate mishap. It isn't worth it!!!!!
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen meals all the time! I am in LOVE with the new Stouffer's Soup and Sandwich combos. They are amazing!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    You can post negative numbers in your food log.

You can???? :blushing:
    This whole time I've been putting '.33' or '.66' for 1/3 or 2/3 portions of the units listed.

THANKS!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    This sodium stuff on here is making me crazy....Here I thought I was doing good watching my calories, protein, fat, etc and then throw in Sodium and I'm always in the negative and its probably cuz I'm eating WW's meals or Lean Cuisines. :laugh:
  • bfaith7
    Options

That's funny, I just wrote them a very sweet email regarding my disppointment. I could use some free lunches!

The same thing happened to me. I wrote them an email as well. They'll send you a coupon for a free meal. :)
  • Sherelly
    Options
    What! WTH! And this isn't the first time? Write a letter. The portions are so small and the calories are so low. I wouldn't give up a single noodle, pea, or dash of salt. I'm just saying.....
  • CrimsonScotty
    CrimsonScotty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    if it makes you feel better, my caramel apples somehow migrated into my steamed broccoli in my healthy choice meal today!!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I actually have a recipe for Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce that I can give you if you want it. Just send me a message if you are interested cause you can cook it ahead of time and microwave it for lunch the next day. And it's pretty low calorie. :flowerforyou:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I actually have a recipe for Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce that I can give you if you want it. Just send me a message if you are interested cause you can cook it ahead of time and microwave it for lunch the next day. And it's pretty low calorie. :flowerforyou:

I like to keep them at work for the days I walk out of the house and my lunch is still sitting next to the door ready to go. Plus no dishes! Just say 'n
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Another one here who eats a frozen meal for lunch! Really like the Healthy Choice selections, but I will do Lean Cuisine and Michelina as well. Evreything in moderation...even sweets, alcohol, and salt!