Goals for 2014?

Coach asked us to write down some goals for the new year. I've been thinking for several days and it isn't as easy as I hoped it would be. What is easy....for people to make resolutions, something they hope to accomplish but often those are tossed aside after a couple of days, given up on, joked about with friends, "well, I managed to last 4 days, better than nothing", and often just forgotten as quick as they are made. A goal to me is something that is to be strived for, attainable, make it big, but not so big I lose interest, mini goals along the way, something that when I accomplish it, I will be proud of the sacrifices and changes I make to get there, something I can pull my family along for and get them excited about, conquering a fear, increasing my love for God, my family, friends and even strangers.

What are your goals for 2014?

Replies

• dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Goals for 2014: Get stronger, PR deadlifts 240, PR back squats 165, PR strict over head press 80lbs (I believe), PR bench press 130. I want to increase these significantly. Add more crossfit into my schedule at least 2days a week. Do a mini triathalon, Warrior dash in August, and go Zip Lining. Lose more inches. Look good in that bridesmaid dress:) Give myself a break and recognize the wins no matter how small or ugly they are. Buckle up and lets ride!
  • I want to run a half-marathon in 2014. And if I can finish in under 3 hours thats a bonus. Right now the longest distance I've done is 5.5 miles in one hours flat.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a goal weight [185] but I want to focus on being more active.
  • I'm finding it hard to articulate exact goals right now. I probably need a bit more time to be specific but generally I want to be fitter (aerobically) have more endurance/strength, weigh a lot less and have more of an hourglass figure. I have many gorgeous clothes within my wardrobe which I'd love to look mighty fine in. Overall I want to look far more gorgeous than I do now. I want to continue feeling more sexy, like I've got my mojo back, and more vital than i have for such a long time. So, dear woman, I wish you all the best. I think the gorgeous thing is up to us - we choose! x
  • StalgiaPasternak
    StalgiaPasternak Posts: 55 Member
    To lose 60 pounds and get in the best shape of my life so that pregnancy number 2 will be a breeze!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    I want to really lean out and get fast again.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    1. Lose about 10lbs by May.
    2. Run my first 5K
    3. Get a family membership at the YMCA. I want to incorporate a healthy lifestyle for my whole family.
    4. TTC #2 starting in April-Mayish.
  • brighteyes124
    brighteyes124 Posts: 30 Member
    My overall goal is to lose 60lbs this year and commit to weight lifting at least 2x per week. My goal to get me there will be to track on MFP every day in 2014, good days and bad
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    1. Lose my last 3.8 pounds to get to goal weight.
    2. keep up my healthy lifestyle change that I have followed for the last 9 months
    3. Keep going to the gym 3-5 times a week
    4. run a 5K race this year, which means once it warms up I will run outside more
    5. keep logging my food/exercise to keep me accountable
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Mini goals until the last 30lbs are gone.

January is about getting active again.
  • GardenOfSongs
    GardenOfSongs Posts: 37 Member
    1. Reach my goal weight
    2. Be able to do a push up (they're really hard guys)
    3. Be able to do frontways splits

I'm not setting the bar super high because this year I actually want to fulfil my goals :tongue:
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    I like to pick a few specific habits. After all, that's what it comes down to. Overall lose 15 lbs- but by:
    1.log everything
    2.not put things in my mouth until I log them
    3.not keep junk in the house. Rather go out for desert when craving hits.
    4.clear out my closet & buy nice workout clothes-
    That's what I wear anyway-so why not look put together?
    I have an injury so I can't make any exercise goals just yet...
  • What are your goals for 2014?

- Weigh and Log everything until I get better at estimating calories, at which point I plan to stop logging daily.
    - Make dinner and lunch myself and don't rely on takeout or buying lunch at work.
    - Get more active: walk more, add weights to my workout dvd workouts, complete 30 day shred.
    - Enjoy life, don't deprave myself, but at the same time don't overindulge.
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    I had a wonderful 2013 - I went from barely running 1 minute to running a 37 minute 5 km - dropped 40 lbs ( 4 dress sizes woot woot) and finding a wonderful group of support to do this all with so I CANNOT WAIT to start again 2014 with new goals!

- run a 34 minute 5 km
    - run a full 10km and work towards a 1/2 marathon
    - fit into my first ever size 12 ( currently a 14-16 depending on the stores)
    - get rid of another 25 lbs or so
    - be active daily in some form!
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    My 2014 Goals

Take my daughters on a girls only vacation.
    Keep maintaining the good work we have done in our marriage.
    Slow down.
    Maintain my weight.
    Keep getting to gym 4 times a week.
    Be more tolerant of extended family.
    Spend more time with extended family.
    Gracefully work through the coming changes at my place of employment.
    Finish a 5K.
  • lose 30+ pounds and be a very confident, happier girl