Stuff in our fat?

Options
I've noticed something almost every time I've done some kind of cut. When I lose weight fast i often wake up in the night or morning and feel almost as if I have a fever. I never have and it goes away when I get up and going. Never felt it during the day.
Seem to occur when I switch to a cut or losing fast.
Just wondering if anyone else experienced it. I google and ended up with some things about breastfeeding and toxic release from our fat? Broscience?

Replies

• ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this. Be good to yourself. Unhealthy is not the way to healthy and shortcuts do not exist ;)
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    By feel like you have a fever.... what symptoms? If you're feeling anything like light-headed... woozy... that sort of thing, then it's probably just not enough food. When you say it goes away when you get up and get going, does that happen to be after breakfast?

1366074351149.jpg
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    By feel like you have a fever.... what symptoms? If you're feeling anything like light-headed... woozy... that sort of thing, then it's probably just not enough food. When you say it goes away when you get up and get going, does that happen to be after breakfast?

1366074351149.jpg
    Breakfast might have something to do with it. I first experienced it when I was trying out low carb. LCHF. I thought it was an adjustment thing due to a big change in my diet. Now I've noticed the same during ordinary calorie deficit. Guess it's a low energy thing rather than nasty stuff in my fat after all.
    Otherwise this topic should have been packed with raised hands by now. :smile:
  • brandonzeciri
    Options
    What are you eating during these cuts?

I regularly put myself and athletes through 1 month cuts for competition and don't really have an issue like this at all.
  • MickeS
    MickeS Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What are you eating during these cuts?

I regularly put myself and athletes through 1 month cuts for competition and don't really have an issue like this at all.
    I eat good. At least this time. It's not a big deal since I've been losing weight for several months and it happened in the beginning and another time after a period of stalling. I'm mostly curious about the weird thing.
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ... in a really light way and not going all nutritionist on you. Just maybe one way to look at it.. It could be the liver and how it stores toxins. toxins being the loosest word I can think of...

if your liver cant deal with the toxins (most are fat soluble) it may store them in your adipose tissue.
    If they were broken down, they may cause harm. The body can then refuse to break them down due to self defence. On a aggressive cut, you give your body little choice. Hence you might feel a bit s**ty whist it gets broken down.

just an idea. my two cents as it were. lol
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You need protein for health, growth and healing, but once those needs are met, there are few added benefits to a very high-protein diet. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an average adult woman needs approximately 46 grams of protein per day. If you are actively building muscle through an athletic training program, you may need a little bit more, perhaps as much as 77 grams per day. If you're consuming significantly more than the RDA for protein, you may be putting yourself at risk for some of the problems that can come from eating too much protein
    http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Side_Effects_of_Too_Much_Protein_in_the_Diet
  • gbrundagebrunker
    gbrundagebrunker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a hot flash. Yes, they can occur in men! And can occur in anyone of any age. When not associated with menopause, hot flashes are often linked to serotonin dumps. If it happens again, I would suggest that you see an endocrinologist. It may just be happening as a rsult of rapid weight loss messing with hormone balance, but you'll want to know for sure.