Can anyone recomend a good fat burner/dietary suppliment?

Options

Replies

• mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Eating well and exercise, best fat burner pill out there. And it's free.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Eating well and exercise, best fat burner pill out there. And it's free.
    I guess you didn't read the original post - he's already doing that.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Save your money as NONE of these work, and some are simply dangerous. The best supplement for fat burning is what everyone else has said.....exercise and strength training. Good luck to you!

There are no shortcuts on this journey to incredible health and fitness!!!
  • HeartIcare
    HeartIcare Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Add Chillies to your food or slowly increase from none to moderate (hot without burning your inside out) and drink lemon juice water with 1/2-1tsp of cayennepepper to boost digestive system.
  • Jelly_Roll_Patrol
    Jelly_Roll_Patrol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Embrace extreme helped me when I had a hard time starting to lose weight (maybe it was mental?) and by the time I was done with the pack (including exercise and healthier food choices) the weight kept coming off without having to buy any more. I had tried eating healthy and exercising for about a month before I tried it, without any results. This worked for me, but it is not for everyone.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I understand that people are trying to nudge the OP in what is - for most people - the safest and most appropriate direction but a blanket statement that "they" don't work is a little disingenuous. I don't think it is useful to propagate misinformation even if the direct effect here is positive.

Not that I am telling anyone what they should or shouldn't believe but this isn't a binary question. There are various things that have been shown to "work" in some sense and they have different levels of risk associated with them.

I am far from an expert, and am as likely to be wrong as anyone else I just think it is better that we promote open dialogue about these things.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are no magic pills...those diet supplements you hear about in adds and commercials are just more snake oil. Most work somewhat as appetite suppressants but that's about it...no magic fat burning going on.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Well, I hear there are thermogenic fat burners, regular fat burners and so forth.

No, there aren't.

yes there are. Oil lamps are very good fat burners. It's probably not a terribly good idea to apply that principle to the human body though. On the other hand, if you rub it a genie might come out and grant you three wishes, one of which could be to get lean.

brass-copper-aladdin-style-oil-lamp-smoke-22884322.jpg

You want me to set my fat on fire and then rub one out?

:noway:
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    More info on the ECA stack;

One of the studies:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8384187

Summary of the double blind study:
    Study conducted in 34 morbidly obese persons (BMI average 37) with 75-150mg ephedrine, 150mg caffeine, and 330mg aspirin.

2.2kg was lost over 8 weeks without any dietary restriction versus 0.7kg in placebo.

5 subjects on ECA continued for 5 months without caloric restriction (optional) and lost an additional 5.2kg, the 6th subject imposed caloric restriction and lost 66kg over a period of 13 months.

No adverse effects noted.

Geee, 68% more weight loss vs placebo WITHOUT CALORIE RESTRICTION is pretty impressive if you ask me.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    6126.jpg

So, if I eat attractive ladies who lift, I'll lose weight at a faster rate.

Good to know.
  • TaurusV
    Options
    I used to take guarana powder has a mild termogenic effect and gives me energy boost.

I take an amino acid and other components supplement, more for feeling good than anything else (makes the brain chemistry better according to some doctors), but it also might help in being less hungry, is called X-Shape from Calivita, a vitamin brand, but check the components and see if you are not allergic or if you can take them. Talk to your doctor first.
  • GradatimFerociter
    Options

One of the studies:

Study conducted in 34 morbidly obese persons (BMI average 37) with 75-150mg ephedrine, 150mg caffeine, and 330mg aspirin.

2.2kg was lost over 8 weeks without any dietary restriction versus 0.7kg in placebo.

5 subjects on ECA continued for 5 months without caloric restriction (optional) and lost an additional 5.2kg, the 6th subject imposed caloric restriction and lost 66kg over a period of 13 months.

Geee, 68% more weight loss vs placebo WITHOUT CALORIE RESTRICTION is pretty impressive if you ask me.

It is worth noting that that other studies have found a statistically relevant increase in the prevalence of negative side effects, especially when taking ECA rather than EC. If I recall correctly a lot of this was thought to be mitigated by a gradual take-up, and that most observed side effects were transitory.

Like I said previously though - the OP (and anyone else) should always do their own extensive research before making these choices. I am no advocate for ECA having never taken it, I just believe that people should be able to make informed choices in as much as they are able to.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

One of the studies:

It is worth noting that that other studies have found a statistically relevant increase in the prevalence of negative side effects, especially when taking ECA rather than EC. If I recall correctly a lot of this was thought to be mitigated by a gradual take-up, and that most observed side effects were transitory.

Like I said previously though - the OP (and anyone else) should always do their own extensive research before making these choices. I am no advocate for ECA having never taken it, I just believe that people should be able to make informed choices in as much as they are able to.

I think people are responding more to the subtext of the OP's question, in that he seemed to be asking about a pharmaceutical approach to losing fat. I agree with you that people should be careful about dismissing any potential ability of supplements to affect the metabolic rate.

Regarding the study above, I can't access the full study, but I wonder if they tracked the participants intake -- calories were not restricted, but the weight loss in the ECA group could be a result of appetite suppression and voluntary lower intake.
  • GradatimFerociter
    Options

One of the studies:

I think people are responding more to the subtext of the OP's question, in that he seemed to be asking about a pharmaceutical approach to losing fat. I agree with you that people should be careful about dismissing any potential ability of supplements to affect the metabolic rate.

Regarding the study above, I can't access the full study, but I wonder if they tracked the participants intake -- calories were not restricted, but the weight loss in the ECA group could be a result of appetite suppression and voluntary lower intake.

I think you are right that many people probably are doing that and plenty of people are probably sick of responding to the same questions ad nauseam. Thus dismissing one approach wholesale is easier than explaining why other approaches may on balance be better. I'm just unconvinced that this is particularly helpful to anyone.

Barkour made me chuckle - quite droll!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    *eye twitch*
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Read my profile pic
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Add Chillies to your food or slowly increase from none to moderate (hot without burning your inside out) and drink lemon juice water with 1/2-1tsp of cayennepepper to boost digestive system.

How exactly does this "boost" anyone's digestive system? Can you quote (reliable) sources and properly conducted trials?
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Barkour made me chuckle - quite droll!

Thanks. :smile: No one ever remarks on that, I thought it was pretty funny.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Lol
  • Rocky_ZG
    Rocky_ZG Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well, I hear there are thermogenic fat burners, regular fat burners and so forth. Can anyone recomend a good one? Yes i am excercising and eating better (Not nessassarly right!) i just want a boost to kill this fat. Any takers!

Drink plenty of water.

And maybe some non-sweetened green tea.