New Year!!! What is your weight loss plan for 2014?

Options
My plan is low carb / low sugar and zumba zumba zumba :)

Replies

• kiwitechgirl
    kiwitechgirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Eat the things I like, but less of them, and move more. I also intend to be the best roller derby player I can possibly be.
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My plan is to continue logging with Mfp and follow my program. I am strength training 3x a week and running 3-4x a week. I have 40-45 more to lose, and I really want to reach my goal in 2014!
  • cgolden1701
    cgolden1701 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a gym membership and go 3-5 days a week. Watch what I eat, and keep track of it on MFP. I need to be 170 or below be for the end of 2014.
  • bjdw_1977
    bjdw_1977 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to find a smartphone app that will allow me to log all my food and exercise to help me ensure I am running at a specific calorie deficit. Any reccommendations?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Eat all the foodz. Oh and lift heavier. :bigsmile:
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    60 day juice cleanse, clean eating, avoid all sugar except natural sugar, 5 hours of cardio a day. Lift 3 pound pink hand weights.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    keep logging , working out and eating fairly healthy
  • jetinder
    jetinder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I plan on keeping up with MFP and watching my portion sizes :-) Hopefully I can lose the final 13kg of my target by easter.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Well, I am going to run my first 5k ever in September. After I complete that, I am going to buy myself a punching bag and start boxing as a reward. I am also thinking about putting in a swim challenge. There is a lake where my in-laws live, and there is an island about 3 miles from the shore.

In terms of weight loss, It would be amazing to lose the last 48lbs, but Im not counting on it since my loss has been very slow. I am also thinking of trying out low-carbing or carb-cycling to see if that helps, but I will only give that a go for like 2 weeks or 1 week at a time to see if there is any improvements.

That is basically it :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    On Monday I'm purchasing a barbell and dumbbell bar and plates, so that I can continue my lifting at home. Oh, this is for fitness (I'm not trying to lose weight). And I'm going to do more in dance (artistically and technically). I have put something behind me at the end of this year. And this year is indeed a new start for my life mentally and emotionally.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Remain focused like I am now.
  • yolsweet
    yolsweet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I plan to maintain my current weight which is a good size 6 by eating right, exercising, and staying motivated to others and to self.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    my plan is to cut down on my triathlon finish times. weight loss will just be a nice side effect.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I will be entering maintenance phase before too long, which to me will actually almost be trickier than losing the weight. I'm great at being disciplined and losing weight, and gaining weight... well, that's not a problem. Staying in the middle....eek.
  • pinky6767
    Options
    I plan to work hard, play hard. Walk my dog everyday and lose at least 30 pounds.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Maintenance plan: Keep up my good habits (eating healthy food, exercising regularly, logging on MFP) and continue to get back into running -- am currently training for a 5K in March, which will be my first running event since 2002. Sustainability is the bottom line.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    My plan is to continue eating all the tasty things I've always eaten. Plenty of carbs and sugar too...
    I'd hate to think that I have to eliminate things from my diet to lose weight.

I'm sure I'd rather eat in moderation and watch how many calories I consume instead of give up my favorite foods.

I'm maintaining, and have been for over a year now.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    On Monday I'm purchasing a barbell and dumbbell bar and plates, so that I can continue my lifting at home. Oh, this is for fitness (I'm not trying to lose weight). And I'm going to do more in dance (artistically and technically). I have put something behind me at the end of this year. And this year is indeed a new start for my life mentally and emotionally.

:flowerforyou:

xoxox!!!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Log consistently. Exercise consistently.
  • lancemom
    lancemom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started my journey again yesterday. Decided not to wait until January 1st. My goal is to get rid of the 25 lbs. I have gained over the last year. I am going to use MFP with a combination of Atkins. I have done Atkins before and it worked quite well for me. Hoping to keep the motivation going this time. I have trouble keeping motivated past a week. Yikes!