35 and over ladies?

Options
Hello! I'm Bonnie. 38 yrs old, 5'7'', 180 lbs trying to lose 30 lbs. I'd like to get to know other women in my age range and older especially because I know that the 38 yr old me is very different than the 25 yr old me especially when it comes to weight loss. Things moved quicker back then. LOL So please feel free to add me as a friend and we can share stories and motivation! :)

Replies

• 1exercisefreak
    1exercisefreak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello.I am 41 yrs old and trying to lose 85 lbs.....If you need a friend I'm there.:smile:
  • running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey, Bonnie. I'm 43, 5'8, at maintenance for over a year now. Started at 160, dropped to 145, now 150 and perfect. Started strength training back in September. Would love to have you along!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie,
    I am 43 and began 1/7/2013 at 219 lbs. I'm 5'6". I lost 37 lbs in abt 8 months (no exercise). Of course my weight fluctuates a bit (32 lbs now). I need to return to menu planning and add some exercise in the new year. I have found that monitoring my sodium and staying away from prepackaged foods (sodium) has really made the difference for me.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    42 here and I lost 30 lbs in a year at age 39.5-40.5. (yes...I kept track of the half.) My goal had been to get to 140 for my 40th bday. I started in March (sept bday) and by my bday, I was close, but not quite there. Another 6 months (with a BIG 3 month plateau) and I finally made it. Stay focused, be determined, don't give up when the plateau sets in....you can do this!!!!
  • bonbons324
    Options
    Oh how cool! Thanks ladies. i sent a request to each of you :)
  • mommafit38
    Options
    I'm 38 and need to lose about 60 lbs. I joined 6 months ago but did nothing once I signed up, lol. I would love to have some support and offer some along the way :)
  • angedip
    angedip Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Andrea. Today is my birthday and I have decided that is the year that I focus on improving my health and happiness.
  • andream0423
    andream0423 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 39 and have a lot to loose. My first goal is 30 lbs. I turn 40 in April and am hoping to be a lot lighter by then already. I would love to have the support of other ladies in my age range that also have to loose some weight. I've been doing this off and on for a couple of years but never serious enough to get any results from it. This time I want it to be different so any support / suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated.
  • miramis
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 38 soon 39 and need to loose more or less half of my current weight. I don't want to be the same size when I turn 40 so hopefully I'm well on my way by then. I don't expect to loose all of this weight over night, better slow but steady, with healthy eating and exercise.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    5'2", 42 years, Vegetarian

SW: 160 lbs Jan12
    CW: 122 lbs (just returned for a ski trip, up 4lbs (all the carbs))
    GW 116 lbs

Although I've been hovering for a year at the same weight, my body shape has changed due to lots of walking and running!

Feel free to add me, but send me a quick note as to were you found me.
  • bonbons324
    Options
    Happy birthday!
  • pinky6767
    Options
    Hi ! will be 37 i'm 5'7" weigh 159 now. My goal is to get back down to the weight i was 4 years ago, which was 120. Please feel free to add me too !!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm Wendy, I'm 43, I've lost 23lbs during 2013, I've plateaued for almost 5 months, just 6lbs away from my goal weight.
    Jan 2nd I plan to knuckle down and start logging again, I hope to reach my goal weight and tone up my jelly belly and chunky thighs ready for my summer holiday in July.

I will send you a friend request, anyone else feel free to add me too.
    We can do this, we will do this.
  • bbrahma
    Options
    Hi! I'm Becky. I turned 40 this last March...and I have def. noticed that it's harder to lose weight the last couple of years! I was on MFP a while back but then got overall frustrated. So I'm back now...gonna do this this time! Add me as a friend if you'd like! Would love the extra motivation!
  • yvanallen
    yvanallen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie,
    I'm Yvonne. I am 38 and my goal is to be healthier by 40. I am 5'2 and my starting goal is to lose 30lbs. I will send a friend request and anyone feel free to add me as well.

Good luck everyone!
  • S0nsh1ne
    Options
    What changes did you make to push through the plateau?

42 here and I lost 30 lbs in a year at age 39.5-40.5. (yes...I kept track of the half.) My goal had been to get to 140 for my 40th bday. I started in March (sept bday) and by my bday, I was close, but not quite there. Another 6 months (with a BIG 3 month plateau) and I finally made it. Stay focused, be determined, don't give up when the plateau sets in....you can do this!!!!
  • S0nsh1ne
    Options
    My plateau seems to have lasted as long as yours but 13 lbs from goal. I too hope to knuckle down and tone up in 2014.

Hiya,

I'm Wendy, I'm 43, I've lost 23lbs during 2013, I've plateaued for almost 5 months, just 6lbs away from my goal weight.
    Jan 2nd I plan to knuckle down and start logging again, I hope to reach my goal weight and tone up my jelly belly and chunky thighs ready for my summer holiday in July.

I will send you a friend request, anyone else feel free to add me too.
    We can do this, we will do this.
  • S0nsh1ne
    Options
    Happy birthday Andrea.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Hi my name is Andrea. Today is my birthday and I have decided that is the year that I focus on improving my health and happiness.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    41 yrs old right here! Any ladies on this thread, please feel free to add me!!
  • chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    38 here. I'm 5'6" and 149 right now. I lost 60 lbs in my early thirties but gained 15 back. Since August, I've lost those 15 but I want to lose the muffin top so I need to lose a bit more. I want to start my 40s fit and strong!