Best Workout DVDs

Options
I am getting back into exercise, and looking for some good exercise DVD suggestions. I have Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I think I've almost memorized it from doing the workouts so many times, I need more variety! What are your favourites?

Replies

• loz315
    loz315 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I really rate the firm express also I got the new josie gibson dvd which looks bril
  • ninaotto
    ninaotto Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know these are older but cindy crawford ones are really good, e bay have them cheap, im getting mine back out :-)
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I am a bit biased but only because I am proof that they work; any of the Beachbody programs! My top picks: P90X, Turbo Fire, Les Mills Pump, Chalean Extreme!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    http://www.coffeyfit.com/catalog/

I love Kelley Coffey-Meyer's workouts. She does these 30 min to fitness DVDs with a wide variety of types based on goals, fitness levels, etc. I mix and match them. They also have pre-mixes on the DVDs so you can get multiple variations of the same workout, so I don't get bored.
  • trifona
    trifona Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    P90 Master Series from BeachBody is pretty good. A lot of variety, and what I would call a managed level of intensity that most everyone should be able to handle. Most workouts are about 45 minutes long and the only equipment you'll need are some dumbbells or resistance bands.

I am not a coach - just a satisfied user of the original P90 and P90MS programs.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have to say I have been spoiled with T25. I can't imagine going back to working out longer than 25 min. I am starting Jan 6th if you want to join me.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my favourite and I do it from You Tube
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals 6 week 6 pack , Yoga Meltdown, No more Trouble Zones
    Biggest Loser Cardio Max

Jari Love Get Ripped series
  • SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I could i loved Insanity and would love to be able to do that again!
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    INSANITY!! I'm starting back over tomorrow I completed the 60 days.I love it!!!
  • JameicaDenise
    JameicaDenise Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have completed Shaun T Hip Hop abs, I love it and I just started doing Focus T25, I love it already..
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser and Bob Harper's line of dvds are pretty sweet- many to choose from for all levels of fitness.
  • Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in something a little different I really like the New York City Ballet Workout. Pretty sure you can still find it on amazon or ebay.

I'm a former dancer so maybe I'm a bit biased but I found it to be a nice break from the jillian dvds I usually do.
  • emilyvnewman
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I'll definitely give these a look. :smile:
  • jusmakemesmile
    jusmakemesmile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam, Turbo Kick and Turbo Fire .

Turbo jam burns alot but is simpler for beginners, Turbo Kick is a little more speed, and Turbo Kick is High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
    You Burn about 1,000+ calories an hour w/ each workout!

i enjoy these workouts both because they help you lose weight and you enjoy the workout rather than watch the clock and dread the workout ...
    YouTube has sample clips of everything lol Go check it out along w/ the suggestions other people made if you haven't already seen it.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the best, IMHO. You don't need any weights or bars or anything. Very high energy and impact. Can be a bit hard on the knees, but definitely makes you sweat.
    Chic
  • jusmakemesmile
    jusmakemesmile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    By the way, With almost any workout, you can find it free by doing a Google search for the full video.

I've found the entire INSANITY workout (all 13 vids) , HipHopAbs, Rockin Body, Turbo Jam, Etc

Give it a try :)
  • danayoung18
    danayoung18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Check out dailyburn.com. I have really enjoyed their workouts and they are awesome! If you feel up to the challenge, try Inferno which is killer! You can sign up for a free 30 day trial and it is $10 a month after that for the workouts, but it is totally worth it to me! They have a lot of variety!

I'm getting ready to try Insanity to see if I can do it! I did p90x and I myself did not see much in the way of results. Beach body also has a Slim Series program led by Debbie Siebers that is really good.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am currently researching the best dvds.