College Kids, Unite!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Amanda and I'm a 19 year old college sophomore! Last year, I successfully avoided the freshman 15, but have gained quite a bit of weight this second year of college. I'm 5'1" and weigh about 130 pounds. My goal is to get down to 115! I've never tried to lose weight before, so I'd love all the help I can get! Please add me if you have similar goals, and tell me about yourself! :)

Replies

• cholderer
    cholderer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I'm also a college sophomore (19, a month from 20) and I gained the Freshman 15 my second semester of Freshman year after losing a bunch of weight on here. I'm down half of that 15 (maybe not anymore after Christmas lol) but I need myfitnesspal to finish the job I think. I just have to stay motivated to use it!

I'm 5'4" 123 maybe? I haven't weighed myself in a while because I'm also trying to put on muscle. Trying to get back to 115 also.
    I have used myfitnesspal before for weightloss and it worked as long as I stuck to it.
    I focus mainly on healthy eating and working out (it's my favorite part of losing weight).

I'm here for help, motivation, anything really lol

Feel free to add me! I need all the motivation I can get!
  • savannahribeiro
    savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Sounds like we have similar goals. I am at 165 and trying to get down to 120 or so before I go to university in September. I'll be a freshman at 20 years old ha-ha. I am taking Journalism. This is my second stint trying to lose weight (I lost about 30 pounds throughout high school but became a bit of sloth for the last year or so). I am fairly well-versed in exercise/weight-loss and I guess the best tip I can say is consistent work outs and, above all, your diet is key! Having a good diet will be nearly half the battle. Feel free to add me!
    Good luck! :)

Savannah
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and starting my second semester of my freshman year. In just my first semester I gained about 10 pounds (but I blame it on my bf at the time. He was always ordering pizza.) School starts again for me on Jan 6th and I'm no longer with my bf so hopefully I'll lose the 10lbs and gain some muscle.

Good Luck!!!!
  • Quietusx
    Options
    Hello! 23 year old about to finish up her associate's degree! I am 5'6" and 140 pounds. Trying to get down to 120-125. =)

Hoping to achieve my goal by the time I move next year (July or so). Can't wait!
  • lizleday
    Options
    Hello. I'm in college and a freshman and for me I gain 15 pounds. I'm looking to drop 30 pounds by the summer. For me my weight has always been a problem. Having an older sister that is older than me but I always weight more took a toll on me. So I decided to make a change. I might not get as small as her but I want to get healthy and feel better about myself.