New and Nervous

Options
I am new to MFP and nervous about putting myself "out there".,but it's a good nervous. This is an AWESOME site!! I can't believe how easy it is to navigate. I joined another popular site (S---- P
) and was totally confused . Everything "clicked" when i first visited this site...I WANTED to belong, and to be a part of the success that i have seen on so many members blogs!!

Replies

• little_ali
    Options
    I am new to MFP and nervous about putting myself "out there".,but it's a good nervous. This is an AWESOME site!! I can't believe how easy it is to navigate. I joined another popular site (S---- P
    ) and was totally confused . Everything "clicked" when i first visited this site...I WANTED to belong, and to be a part of the success that i have seen on so many members blogs!!

hey, welcome. I know how you feel about being nervous I'm the same; although i've been on the site for about 5 months this si the first time i've blogged. But it's a brilliant site. Good luck :)
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    No need to be nervous. 99% of the people here are here to help and the other 1% want to make money by helping. In either case, you will do well if you follow the plan, exercise and keep your calories under your goal. Also, set it for no more than a pound a week until you adjust to the lower intake. Many people hurt themselves by setting the initial loss rate too high and get discouraged when it is hard to meet the daily goals. You can always change them later.
  • lorabethdavidson
    lorabethdavidson Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined this week myself, and I LOVE IT! Love the fact that I don't really have to do anything as far as keeping track of what I eat and calories I burn. Good luck on your weight loss!!
  • Swan05
    Options
    I am starting all over myself once again, I think it was going to the doctors yesturday to see that I have gained 11 lbs in 6 months I am just sickened to know that I really havent kept to my diet and hoping that I can get the support here as well as at home. My husband and I both also are diabetics and I have to lose this weigh for myself to help with my diabetes so I am around to see my grandbabies. I need someone to always make sure that I am accountable for my actions and to push me when I need it.
  • Tonyv01
    Tonyv01 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. You will find lots of support and encouragement from others!
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    Options
    this is a great site and i too love it. it works!!
  • doris_day
    Options
    You'll love this site. I too put myself out here and was very nervous - that was 50 days and 10 pounds ago!
    Add everyone you can to your friend list - it's so encouraging the support you'll find from people that are just like you.
  • marathon2012
    marathon2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow!! 73 pounds!!! How awesome.... TY for advice,I appreciate it!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no reason to be nervous...we have no shame on here...there are things told on this site that facebook will never see...we're all in the same boat, and we all need encouragement to reach our goals...where else can you talk about your panties falling off because they're to big now? Or ask questions about your thighs rubbing together and what to do about it when you walk...some people just don't understand the difference in sports bras for well endowed women...and a lot of the times, people don't get the humor lol we're here for a lifestyle change, and to be beautiful inside and out...welcome to the site that will help you accomplish your goals
  • frankied71
    Options
    Hi there ppl just introduce myself been on a life style change just over a year now was 114kg and reduced to 91kg has been slow and come to a full stop with my weight lose so hoping this site can give me some inspiration and ideas where to go from here
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Options
    Welcome. I know you are just going to love this site. Friends offer a lot of support and encouragement.
  • brice02
    brice02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is really motaviting! If you need MFP friends feel free to ask me!
  • marathon2012
    marathon2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you too!!
  • bhonniered
    Options
    There is absolutely no reason to be nervous...we have no shame on here...there are things told on this site that facebook will never see...we're all in the same boat, and we all need encouragement to reach our goals...where else can you talk about your panties falling off because they're to big now? Or ask questions about your thighs rubbing together and what to do about it when you walk...some people just don't understand the difference in sports bras for well endowed women...and a lot of the times, people don't get the humor lol we're here for a lifestyle change, and to be beautiful inside and out...welcome to the site that will help you accomplish your goals

Beautifully said!
  • kahramel
    Options
    Usually I'm not one to blog..reply, whatever, lol. but I have to agree wtih the many posts that have aready been written. I am enjoying this site! i find myself wanting to keep up with my diary..all the time! I tried doing the same thing on my own in a book, but it just never worked out. Whatever the case, i like the site, its easy to use and there seems to be astrong sense of community here, which is definately helpful. I am really looking forward to tracking my progress and seeing the benefits of my pains...and changes! good luck to all those who are out there and trying to get healthy and lose weight. I wish for you the same fun and success that I hope for myself.
    Good luck! :)
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    I'm new also but your right this site is pretty great right! Good luck on your journey. If your looking to boost up your support network feel free to add me :smile:
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Hey there :smile: I just added you as a friend. I checked out your profile and we have so a lot in common! I also have 3 grown daughters and 2 grandsons. I decided I better get off my lazy hiney so I can keep up with those grandkids! You will just love it here-amazing friends already. Best to you on your journey!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Don't be nervous. The site is amazing and the people will keep you motivated. The time flies and the weight goes away :D
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Beautifully said!

She's one of the crazy ones

xoxoxoxoxoxo

:flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    me crazy? no way man...well, sometimes when i'm provoked lol or if i don't get a donut:grumble: