NSV New Year's resolutions?

Options
So normally people come onto MFP with goals like "I want to lose ___ pounds!" by a certain date. But I feel like that's really hard to keep up with, especially since the scale can fluctuate and not tell you the whole truth. I'm starting to think it's better to have some NSV new year's resolutions. A few of mine are:

1. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day
2. Get a mile in under 10 minutes
3. Log accurately at least 4 days of the week
4. Stay on this journey and not majorly derail off the path until next New Year's

How about you guys? Do you have some NSV resolutions?
~Rose :flowerforyou:

Replies

• chasethesky125
    Options
    bump!
  • PennyCrow
    PennyCrow Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My resolutions are:

1. Log every day in MFP--regardless of what I eat.
    2. Move every day for at least 15 minutes. (This will be very different for me so I need to start out with something attainable.)
  • hollyglanville0912
    Options
    I want to log every day in January even if I eat rubbish and go way over my calories!

Also I want to run a 5k in 30 minutes... Or less if possible!! ????
  • hopebewild
    hopebewild Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Using my new bodymedia link my nsv resolution is to burn at least 2300 calories every day.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT idea of having NSV goals for 2014.... I got to think of a good one... but I like your #3!!!
    :smile:
    Not sure if these counts but on Jan 1 I will be doing the polar bear swim in frigid waters..in a bathing suit I just bought a smaller size than the one I had this summer....so it will be a victory because I will be in a bathing suit, outside, in front of people, potentially on Facebook and (hopefully not) on TV.
    Also, a few days ago I was cleaning out my closet and tried on almost every piece of clothing and I WILL THROW OUT ALL THE ONES THAT ARE TOO BIG~~~~ instead of keeping them 'just in case' like I did last year and those 'just in case' pants turned into my 'only pants that I could fit into'.... no more! so OUT THEY GO!
  • thekeelster
    thekeelster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask what are NSVs?! I see this written a lot but have no idea!!

Oh and to add, I don't really believe in new year's resolutions as you shouldn't need to wait for a certain day to begin something you want to change! Although I'm kind of wishing I did today as it's my first fast in ages and I'm hungry!! : )
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask what are NSVs?! I see this written a lot but have no idea!!

Oh and to add, I don't really believe in new year's resolutions as you shouldn't need to wait for a certain day to begin something you want to change! Although I'm kind of wishing I did today as it's my first fast in ages and I'm hungry!! : )
    Non Scale victories
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i want to be able to maintain my weightloss without depending on logging. i want to exercise daily and eat like a normal person. i never want to be 100 pounds over weight again, but i also dont want to have to live like a recovering addict... i just want to live right... exercise and eat like a regular person without having to log every crumb!