Having a hard time getting started

Options
Hi all! Newbie here, needing motivation.

My biggest problem? I love food! I love cooking food, eating food, and socializing around food. Unfortunately my love for food has landed me over 200 pounds. I've never been this huge in my life, except during pregnancy, and I'm very unhappy about it. Enough so, I'm finally ready to make a life style change.

I know what I need to do. It's just a matter of getting off my *kitten* and doing it.

I look forward to chatting with you all, and sharing support and camaraderie with you.

Beginning January 2014, you will see more of me on this message board.:-)

Replies

• Misjai
    Misjai Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey hun, i can totally relate in regards to wanting to do something about my weight, but just needing to push myself to make it happen!!!
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I suggest choosing one small change you can commit to for the long haul, applying it, and then introducing one more small change. I've lost over 50 pounds, slowly and safely, and I started with just one change. For me, it was to add extra nutrition to my food. After I had been doing that, I started logging. For my daughter, it was eliminating all soda - diet or regular. We just kept introducing more small changes over time and all of those are now habits. You can do this! I still have a long way to go, but I know I will never again weigh any more than I do now, and I will lose all my weight over time.
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I suggest choosing one small change you can commit to for the long haul, applying it, and then introducing one more small change. I've lost over 50 pounds, slowly and safely, and I started with just one change. For me, it was to add extra nutrition to my food. After I had been doing that, I started logging. For my daughter, it was eliminating all soda - diet or regular. We just kept introducing more small changes over time and all of those are now habits. You can do this! I still have a long way to go, but I know I will never again weigh any more than I do now, and I will lose all my weight over time.
    A lot of sense in this post.

I like the idea of adding healthy things to your diet before you start taking stuff away. Once you've added some healthier options it's much easier to take away the really tempting fattening foods.
    If you like cooking then that's great cos you can make lower calorie versions of your favorite foods.
  • mojomichelle
    Options
    I like the idea of 'one small change' at a time. Right now I'm focusing on adding more nutrition into my diet, rather than taking the offending foods out. My thought is if I fill up on more nutritional stuff, I won't have room for the fattening stuff.
  • nh5nh5
    nh5nh5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great way to kick start my new regime, well done on losing so much weight so far
  • Eketahunachick
    Options
    You have come to the right place for motivation . You'll have good days and bad days .Just take it a day at a time and keep the food diary which keeps you accountable . Good luck hon :)