Closing out 2013 - 88 lbs lost

Options
My weight loss journey began 'for real' September 1, 2012. I'm 5'4", 56 years old, with a few health 'challenges.' I weighed 234 lbs. and was ready to lose weight and improve my quality of life. If I couldn't do it this time, the next stop was bariatric surgery. I had lost my mom earlier in the year to liver disease that began with fatty liver (from a lifetime of obesity). I didn't want to walk that same road and had decided that I would do whatever I could to improve my health.

Now I am 2 lbs from my original goal of 144 lbs. - which would put me at a normal BMI of 24.7 (instead of morbidly obese at 40). My goal for 2014 is to carve out time to consistently work on fitness, as well as reach and maintain that healthy goal weight.

My life has totally changed! I have so much more energy! I can play with my grandson and let my inner child come out!

The thing is, I had carried this weight for 30+ years and didn't really know if it could be lost. I don't know if I believed or not, but I had to try. And I decided I would take it a day at a time - make that day the best that I could. If I looked at the final goal of 90+ lbs. to lose, it would be overwhelming. I made the best choices I could each day and lived with those choices. And all of those choices have added up to something that to me is amazing.

Just so you know, if I can do it anyone can do it. I've failed many times in the past. Don't let that stop you. Just keep trying.

Aug. 2012 - 234 lbs.
[img]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/flutemon/MFP pics/Before_zps21bae477.jpg[/img]

Dec. 2013 - 146 lbs.
[img]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/flutemon/MFP pics/20131222_115219_zps3ca87fe7.jpg[/img]

Dec. 2013
[img]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/flutemon/MFP pics/DSCN0387_zps18300a27.jpg[/img]

Replies

• Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Yay! Awesome job! You look fantastic! WTG!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic job you did. You look great!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your success!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!!! You're glowing!!!
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...you look great, and what an inspiration!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love your Christmas photo with the kids.... you look super happy! Thanks for posting!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Great work!! You look fantastic and so happy!! :drinker:
  • jlturner386
    jlturner386 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job! So motivating :) If you can do it so can I!
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Amazing and wonderful.
  • Jinxy10236
    Options
    You look MARVELOUS! Congrats!
  • chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Oh, momma! You look wonderful and years younger, too!
  • flowergirl45
    flowergirl45 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You look FANTASTIC & happy! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Spewze72
    Spewze72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring post...I've started and failed a million times. Not this time. Thanks so much, and incidentally...you look fab. :)
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look great!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look so CUTE!
  • ireneblackwell
    ireneblackwell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    well done, i only hope i can achieve my goals this time round, going to australia next october so want to look and feel my best !
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look wonderful! You and I are the same age, and your comment about being able to play with your grandchild really stood out for me. I'm about to be a grandmother myself, and that's one of the things I want to be able to do is get on the floor with my granddaughter (and then get back UP again!).
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    You are my inspiration...You look great. We are same height and started with some weight. I lost 50lbs and with some healt issues fell off for the last 6 months. this past week I restarted logging..

What is your current size with your current weight.. My goal is pretty much where you are at? Any tips??
  • Janetbraswellparks
    Options
    Your story has inspired me! Thank You for sharing! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!