Starting over again! Please Help!

Hey ya'll! I'm a 32 year old mom of 4 with the youngest being 6 months. I desperately need to loose 60 lbs and create a healthy lifestyle for my family and I while I'm at. I need to be held accountable for my screw ups and who doesn't need motivation. Everything is better with friends! So feel free to add me!!!!

Replies

• sconfer55
    sconfer55 Posts: 8 Member
    adding!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Good luck to you, you can do it!

A friend of mine once told me about a time when she was a kid and watched the end of a marathon. She said it was pretty exciting and that she turned to her dad and told him, "I want to do that too." Her dad turned to her and acknowledged her excitement and then told her that "Character is what we do after the emotion of the event has passed" and said he hoped she, besides being excited about the marathon, would have the grit to put in the effort that it would take for her to prepare for and then run the marathon. She eventually ran it.

I love what her dad told her, i.e.,"Character is what we do after the emotion of the event has passed" because it's so applicable to this weight loss/fitness/lifestyle change thing we're doing here. The drudgery/monotony of logging in, staying on goal, etc., day after day might cause us to lose motivation/momentum...but if we have character...we can stick with it for the next 10 days, months, years, etc.

So like I said...good luck to you! You can do it!
    :smile:
    #goteammfp