Nutribullet?

Options
Looking for opinions on this product and/or similiar blender/mixer machines.

I am making a protein shake almost everyday now but hate having to drag out my full size blender, pour the contents into a cup and then end up having to wash out the blender and the cup.

I like the price of the smaller "blend" in the cup models, but worry that they may not be powerful enough to crush up the ice.
But the nutribullet seems like overkill , with all the extras that come with it and the nearly $100 price tag.

What is your experience and recommendation for making thick protein shakes(with lots of ice!)?

Thank you!

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I have a regular bullet, and it works just fine for about $60. I use mine for blending up baby foods and stuff like that. I've also managed to make frozen margaritas with it. :laugh: So it can handle any ice.

Do you have to make your protein shake with ice, though? I mix my protein powder with milk and use a shaker. Just an idea.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use the powder and almond milk, and like to add the ice for texture(more shake like) and volume 8)

Good to know the regular bullet can handle ice, not to find one!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I ended up getting a duplicate gift for Christmas and used my store credit to get the basic Magic Bullet and I love it!!! The sales girl at Bed Bath and Beyond actually recommended it over the Nutribullet. No problems with power at all. For the price and all the stuff you get with it, it is well worth it!! Even if I have to replace it at some point, it wont cost much.
  • scwids
    scwids Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a Nutribullet for the holidays, and I am obsessed with it! I love the fact that it is powerful enough to pulverize all the healthiest parts of veggies and fruits (i.e. SKINS) that are lost with conventional juicing. Just make sure to follow the directions and not to fill beyond the "max" line before you blend, since if there is not enough air in the top of the cup while it's running it will be forced out through the seal and leak!

Ariane Hunt has a lot of cool Nutribullet recipes: www.pinterest.com/arianehundt/nutribullet-detox-recipes/
  • AuntieBlues
    AuntieBlues Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had Magic Bullet for years & do love it; great for making a low-cal coffee frappucino style--I use crushed ice, cold coffee or espresso (pref. espresso!), a scoop of whey protein power, maybe even a bit of cocoa. Awesome. I also grind my espresso beans with the Magic Bullet (flat blade). Have used it for smoothies with protein powder, crushed ice & half a container of Kroger CarbMaster yogurt---yum!!!! Oh, & I saw a trick on some blog that works great--add just a bit of low fat cottage cheese to your smoothie for richness & thickness. (Tablespoon or so...)

Got the Nutribullet w/ a gift certificate on 12/27/13. LOVE it. I tried making a green smoothie w/ the Magic Bullet, and it was acceptable, though quite thick & a little chunky. It could be more filling that way... but I do love this Nutribullet. I use a lot of greens, maybe 1/2 scoop of protein powder, couple of baby carrots, cucumber, brocolli, etc. I take it easy on the fruit because I'm a reactive hypoglycemic & too much sugar will take me DOWN. If I'm getting ready to go work out, I can add more fruit because you burn it off at the gym, AND it gives you amazing energy to sustain a longer workout. Made my husband try it & he agreed. Have not tried Nutribullet for a yummy frozen coffee drink yet, but I suspect the Magic Bullet might be better for that... will have to try sometime.

Probably can't go wrong with either one, but for a really SMOOTH green smoothie, I'd go with the Nutribullet.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have both the magic anad the nutri bullet. Both work amazing but the nutri will break down the fod quicker. I use them all the time
  • julienamana
    Options
    I just got the Nutribullet a month ago and have been drinking at least one blast everyday since. It is the best invention on earth! It is just SO easy to get all the fruits and veggies in, 5 minutes and Im done, no dishes, no sweat. I am up to 3 blasts a day. I logged in today for the first time in a very long time to record my 19 pounds Ive lost, YAH! (not from the blasts I dont think, I work at a kennel which is very heavy physical work for 5 hour spans) and I entered in everything in my blasts to make sure I was getting enough calories and was astonished to find I am consuming a few too many calories. With a few tweaks to my eating plan I can get it under my calories and still get in 3 blasts a day. This site is so helpful, if I would not have checked in to see how much I am consuming I would have been getting way too much sugar and fat. Thank goodness for calories counter sites like this!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I looooove my Nutribullet. It's worth the 100$ price tag, IMO.