Anyone planning on pigging out today and tomorrow?

Options
Hello all, looking forward to starting 2014. I'll be starting off at a lower weight than I did last year so hoping to lose even more next year.

Still I'm tempted to go crazy today and tomorrow while I still can. Anyone else planning on doing this? I'm at least gonna have my favorite ice cream one more time.

Replies

• paigenevaeh
    paigenevaeh Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be drinking lots tomorrow night!
    But other than that, I did enough indulging over Christmas. Don't think I can face anymore sweets.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My tradition is to have a milkshake at midnight but I'm going to budget that in for the day. :)
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Nah my new year starts today and I have to bounce back from that x-mas week.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    This is unfortunately likely going to set you up for failure. Thinking you'll never get to have your favorite ice cream again/until you reach goal weight will just make you feel deprived and more likely to crave it and come back to it. Maybe make it the last time you eat a full serving or the last time you'll have it more than once a week, but don't cut it out entirely. It'll make it a lot easier for you. Unless you're a cold-turkey kind of person, then by all means do it.
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to pig out! LOL! :laugh:
    I may have a small treat, but then that will be the extent of it. Some folks may have a different opinion, and that's OK! For me, commitment and dedication are very important. I may not always hit the target like I desire to, but it isn't for lack of trying. :glasses:

If you decide to enjoy yourself for the holidays, I'm not even mad at you! We are supposed to let our hair down and enjoy life from time to time. Have a BALL! Celebrate! But when the fun and games are over, get back on your grind! You worked hard to lose the weight! You worked hard to change your life. So get right back to the hard work!

-Nathan
    HAPPY 2014!!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get so drunk on NYE that I forget about calories.
    Might treat myself to a cheesy spicy omelette the morning after, might not eat for three days because I have the hangover of the century. haha

I'll be dancing all night so it'll sort of balance out~ I hope!
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    No, but that mentality is what caused me to gain 65 pounds after successfully maintaining an 80 pound loss for 2 years.

"I'll start tomorrow..." - not a good strategy.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be drinking lots tomorrow night!
    But other than that, I did enough indulging over Christmas. Don't think I can face anymore sweets.

^ That's basically how I feel too. Bring on the wine! Although I'm sure that there will still be an excess of food and sweets since I am celebrating the turn of the New Year at a big dinner party with my boyfriend's family. :ohwell:

OP, go crazy if you want, but you don't need to stop having your favourite ice cream starting in 2014 just because you want to lose weight. You can keep eating it, but make sure it at least fits into your calorie allotment for the day, and you're golden!
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a couple of drinks along with the braai but I think that will be all! Maybe some snacks, depends what is on offer! I indulged far to much over the Christmas period so there is nothing I really feel like I need to eat still :smile:
  • Ninabee150
    Ninabee150 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    NO WAY! At my age hard enough to get off as is. Take me two weeks or more to get off all the extra sodium, sugar, etc. Not worth it!:frown:
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Gotta say I haven't let the holidays get to me in the least. I'm on target and on calorie budget. Be Strong my friends, those extra calories aren't worth it.
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nope! I've found I can't pig out anymore even if I wanted to...
  • chrisram88
    chrisram88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I didnt for christmas so i wont for nye! i will be drinking some alcohol tho! i will just take it slow and see how long that lasts lol
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am not planning on pigging out tomorow, but it is likely that I will be eating out more then normal. But I will be trying to limit the amount of intake so I don't go overboard.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Nope! My weight loss goal is MUCH bigger than a celebration for one day. Enjoy yourself though and have drink for me :drinker: :drinker: Happy New Year :smile:
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah the piggy in me will be set free tomorrow night :) Going to meet my macros but definitley going over with food and drink...

FRENCH FRIES :)

Sake-tinis!!

Cheesy omlet in the morning :)

But I have a couple low days planned for the rest of the week so it'll all even out by Sunday :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    well duh?!
    HUH?!
    OF COURSE!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've been pigging out and drinking all week! I ain't even mad. Lol
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Not planning on pigging out AGAIN for a very long time! UGH! Last night I went to dinner with friends and they picked THE rib joint in town...I go MAYBE twice a year to this particular place...and get the same thing every time...it's what they're famous for. Ribs and Fry Bread. I know each fry bread has about 500 cals and I had TWO. With the ribs and my other meals yesterday it ended up being my first 2000+ calorie day in almost 5 months (I'm pretty sure I managed to stay under that for Thanksgiving because I overestimated others recipes.) Anyway, I am feeling super sluggy today and am MISERABLE! Definitely motivation for sticking to my eating plan for the long foreseen future! Happy New Year's to all!