Flatbread

Options
Has anyone tried the Flatout flatbread? I had it for the first time this morning [light italian herb one with eggs and a lowfat cheese stick] and it was sooo good. Just curious to see if anyone else tried it. What do you like to put in it?

Replies

• Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! I use for chicken wraps and more recently as a crust for a 270 calorie pepperoni pizza! YUM! :smile:
  • MommyOfThree260
    Options
    I love it too!! I use mine for pizza, because it has a lot less calories than pizza crust does and doesn't taste bad at all!
  • Jess1313
    Options
    Never heard of it! What store do you guys find it in?
  • Beach_Chica
    Options
    I bought it from Walmart.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I found it in my grocery store in the deli section. But I think I'll check out Walmart since they have better prices!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    yup. i've used it to make pizzas and i also make mini wraps for lunch by cutting them in half and then filling them w/ turkey or chicken, romaine lettuce, low fat mayo, mustard, tomatoes. YUM!

i hadn't thought of doing a breakfast wrap, but that sounds yummy, too! eggs, cheese, turkey bacon, mushrooms, salsa. mmmmm
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    I have mine with hummus and a bunch of veggies.. usually green leaf lettuce, tomato, avacado, bell peppers, cucumber, and wedge of laughing cow in a wrap.
    When I first found them, I was all upset cause only one of the Walmarts in my 40 mile radius (total 4) had them. Now I can find them at Crest and Homeland too.
    I haven't really experimented with other uses, thanks for all the good ideas.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Love them!! I use the small ones for breakfast. I put lowfat or soynut butter on it, sliced up banana and some low fat granola. Yum! I also use the bigger ones for sandwich wraps and pizza. They are great!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I love the Artisan 5 grain flaxseed flatout bread! Soo yummy! I make chicken and avocado quesadillas in them sometimes..soo delish!
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    how many calories are in them???
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have for the mini pizzas too! They work really well! I would put on the Boboli pizza sauce, a lot of italian seasonings, reduced fat cheese, onions, and sometimes pepperonis.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    how many calories are in them???
    mine (multi-grain) is only 100 cals.
    LOTS of fiber
  • Beach_Chica
    Options
    The light Italian flatbread is 90 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, and I believe 9 grams of fiber. Oh, and for carbs, there's 16 grams.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Also lots of protein in the Flatout wraps (dont' know if they make anything else). I get mine at Costco. I think they are an excellent "bread" item. I alternate the wraps with the Arnolds multigrain thins (both 100 cal/each) -- that pretty much takes care of all of my "bread" needs.

You can also throw them in the freezer and they thaw out in 20 sec in the microwave, which is good because they go bad pretty quickly otherwise (in my experience).
  • lblocker23
    Options
    love to use the light whole wheat flatouts for my turkey sandwiches! they are fantastic!!
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Luv them... But I never thought about pizza crust...great idea!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Love the Flatout flatbread... I have some light sundried tomato in the fridge right now. Going to have a turkey sandwich for lunch with it. I think I will make a pizza next week with it.
  • mamayoga
    Options
    ALDI also has a version of flatbreads - whole grain has 100 cal and lots of fiber, delicious and cheaper! Although last week I didn't see them in the store - I hope they are still carrying them!