Shrimp Recipes???

Options
I would love to hear your shrimp recipes!!!

Replies

• SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use frozen shrimp much of the time, but I'm sure fresh is better.. However make sure it's peeled and de-veined then I wash them and pat them dry with a paper towel and place them in a bowl.

Spray them with cooking spray.

A little salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder to taste.

Heat a pan on medium-to-high heat, reduce the heat slightly to medium, add shrimp for a minute until seared on one side, flip.

Sprinkle shaved parmesan or a 3 cheese blend on the shrimp, shut off heat and put a litd on the pan until the cheese melts.

It's pretty good :)

I would also do the same as above, but instead of the 3 cheese blend, I'll top with siracha.
  • SHDenver
    Options
    I defrost first by putting the shrimp in cool water in the fridge overnight or even running water over it until it's defrosted. Sorry forgot to say that!

Also, instead of the seasonig above, there is a cajun seasoning I bought at the store that tastes great with the shrimp. It's pretty high in sodium so I doubt with that you'd need to use any other toppings.
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks!

One of my favs is Chipotle Shrimp Tacos:

1 Bag of frozen shrimp (or fresh)
    3-4 chipotle peppers (chopped) in adobe sauce (add more peppers for more spice)
    2 slices of turkey bacon (chopped)
    Lettuce wraps or corn tortillas

-Cook turkey bacon thoroughly with chipotle peppers - then add shrimp and heat for 1-2 minutes. Done!
    -Add shrimp in lettuce wraps, or corn tortillas, or add on top of a garden salad or wild rice or ??
    -Garnish with Pico De Gallo in avocado (tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic, avocados, juice of lime (fresh squeezed), any other favorite spices.

Delish!
  • SHDenver
    Options
    Sounds great! I don't think I've ever tried adobe sauce, I'll have to get it on my next shopping trip :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sautee shrimp in olive oil and minced garlic for about 3 minutes, then add 1/3 cup white wine and seafood seasoning, cooking shrimp about 3-5 minutes until they turn pink. Serve over hot rice and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. I serve boiled spinach and arugula for a side as well. It's the best shrimp I've ever made, besides fried coconut shrimp.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Sriracha Shrimp - Toss Shrimp in Sriracha Sauce and either grill or sautee with a little bit of olive oil. For an extra twang - sauteed up roasted garlic and cilantro and top over the shrimp. You can put this literally in or over any kind of food.

Shrimp Dyno - Coat shrimp lightly in corn starch and pan fry with a little bit of EVOO. Add in minced garlic (fresh). Toss with 2 parts white wine to 1 part Low Sodium Hot Sauce (I use cholula). Cook on medium - medium/low until sauce is thickened. Finish with a tsp - tbsp (depending on amount of shrimp - for one portion only use 1/2 - 1 tsp) grass fed butter and stir well into sauce off of the heat or sauce will break. Serve over jasmine rice or brown rice.

Easy Shrimp / Avocado Salad - Buy 61-70's or U12/21-25's and boil until shrimp are done - usually until all the shrimp are firm and not spongy to the touch. Drain and rinse with cold water. Chop red onion, cilantro, and celery and set aside. Take 1 avocado per serving and split it in half. Take half of it and mash with a mortar and pestle (or just a spoon) and chop the other half into chunks. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl (using the avocado as a substitute for mayo) Season with Sea Salt / Cracked Black Pepper to taste and finish with a drizzle of Olive Oil and a squeeze of lime. If you are looking for a little extra fun, feel free to chop up some cooked bacon and throw it in as well instead of adding sea salt.

BBQ Shrimp - Sautee up some bacon (or bake it reserving a little of the fat). Set aside. Sautee sliced white onions until caramelized in olive oil. Add in chopped garlic and shrimp. Sautee until shrimp are just about done and add your choice of healthy BBQ Sauce (I use Caveman Bob). Add in chopped bacon and toss and coat well. Cook until shrimp are done and plate. Garnish with sliced avocado and cilantro.

I've got plenty more. I'm making a blog soon with recipes so stay tuned. Just a lot of stuff on my plate (not literally) lately. Anytime you want some ideas shoot me a message and I'll be more than happy to help.
  • Mandas13
    Mandas13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    Catch shrimp, boil shrimp, peel shrimp, eat it! :-)
    I do use garlic, lemons, onions and Old Bay Seasoning or Crab boil though.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of sauteed in olive oil and minced garlic (simple and delicious). You can then eat them with rice and veggies or on a salad, or in a wrap. The possibilities are endless. :)
  • meaganmorrow1984
    meaganmorrow1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    When I worked in an Italian restaurant everyones favorite shrimp dish was an appetizer we had I now even forgot the name lol

tablespoon chopped garlic
    tablespoon olive oil

1 tsp hot pepper flakes
    tablespoon butter
    1 lb fresh cleaned deveined shrimp

2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
    Parsley for garnish

sauté garlic in the olive oil ,soon as garlic starts to change color ,add in the hot pepper flakes and stir (med low heat) …cook 30 seconds stirring so flakes do not burn add in butter and shrimp till shrimp turn a pretty pink ( just takes 1 to 2 minutes ) add in the fresh squeezed lemon juice and serve with parsley garnish .
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Saute shrimp in olive oil with garlic for a few minutes. Add mushrooms (I usually use baby bella). If I have a tomato or 2 on had I will chop it and add as well. Let mushrooms cook for a minute or 2 then add some chopped spinach. Continue cooking for another minute or 2. Adjsut heat to low and add 1 jar of marinera sauce and 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt. Mix and let sauce warm through. Serve with pasta of choice. Top with parmesean if desired.
  • sjones215
    sjones215 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love Cilantro lime shrimp
    Produce

1/3 cup Cilantro, fresh
    6 cloves Garlic
    1 Lime
    Baking & Spices

1 Salt and pepper
    Oils & Vinegars

2 tsp Olive oil
    Other

2 lb Shrimp, shelled and deviened
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    ONE word babycakes..............look it up.............the healthiest dish ont he planet............CEVICHE!!!!!
    nothing like DICED raw shrimp cooked BY raw lime juice.
    then add onion, cilantro and tomato a little salt a little garlic pwder.......BOOOMMMMMMM:bigsmile:

CEVICHE!!!

Dont use the frozen junk either......use raw shrimp!
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    "CEVICHE!" OMG I had forgotten about this stuff!! It's the bomb. I've never made it myself but have had friends make it.

There really isn't a wrong way to make shrimp.. unless you nuke it or overcook it. I like to make mine with Old Bay blackened seasoning.. or Old Bay original is good too. There are so many great looking recipes above! ^ Shrimp is so low in calories.. wish we could get it in some kind of bulk purchase so it wouldn't cost so much. My husband swore Walmart had it for $5 a pound.. but it's like $5.40 for a 12 ounce bag which works out to be $7.20/#. Where I live it can get down to that when it's on sale for medium shrimp. So I'll buy it here when it works into the budget.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Love Shrimp Fajitas and the spice mix can be quadrupled and put in a spice jar. One of my all-time faves.

1 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp sea salt
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp brown sugar
    1/2 tsp crumbled oregano
    Fresh lime

Mix above (this much serves four). Use what you need and rub on shrimp. Heat a little oil in pan and sauté onion and sweet peppers until you get a little color. Remove veggies from pan and a touch more oil to cook the shrimp on medium and it only takes a few minutes. Toss veggies back in and mix. Serve as is or we like it in steamed corn tortillas with lots of cilantro and I chop up green and purple cabbage, radishes, green onion, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, whatever you like and top with this and some good hot sauce. Squeeze with fresh lime juice - this heightens the flavor a ton so don't be afraid to try it. Super easy and super tasty! These are also great on top of a dinner salad.
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Paprika shrimps with green beans
    Super quick if you buy frozen (peeled) shrimps and frozen green beans.
    Heat a non-sticky pan and spray a little olive/coconut oil. Add 1tbs paprika and 2 tbs of water.
    Then add frozen shrimps and let cook on both sides until nice and pink (you can even start cooking them in the microwave to reduce time).
    In the meanwhile cook green beans in the microwave (if frozen) or steam/boil them (if fresh).
    Add to shrimps and let soak flavours for 2-3 minutes.
    You can also add some cherry tomatoes if you please.
    Season with a bit of pepper and enjoy.