P90X3 Accountability Group

Options
I started an accountability group here on MFP. It's a place where we can post our measurements, pics, and successes as we work through the 90 days (It's a private group so no worries about anyone else seeing this info). It is also a place to ask questions, give advice and support, and share recipes.

I purchased this program because I plan on completing the full 90 days, and I know that will be so much easier with a support group. Add me as a friends if you would like to join the group, and I will add you to the group.

Replies

• BlissfullyActice
    Options
    Thanks for the invite to this group! I am also doing p90x3, I am a big fan of Tony! I've done t25, p90 master series, some p90x I've worked in to a routine, these all obviously being beach body. Otherwise I love HIIT training. My only concern with p90x used to be a lack of a good cardio routine, so far p90x3 seems to be good. I'm following the classic schedule and am on day 4 called the challenge. I think people will find once they get there that you def. need a modification for the pull ups if you're not super strong. The men in my family are super fit and still struggle with doing pull ups. I use the resistance bands for now, but like in the first video where you don't have to hit a set number I do pull ups using a chair as support. How is everyone else finding the pull ups? If you haven't done tony before he's rather obsessed them.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite. I am supposed to do The Warrior today, although I am not exactly what time. I am taking down the Christmas tree and watching some football, but I will be sure to get the workout done.

I have completed P90X a couple times and Insanity once. I love P90X and the results it created, but after a couple times I needed something new. Then I completed Insanity which did not drop my body fat as much as I would have liked. So now I am in the middle of my half marathon training and took a risk buying P90X3 to add some weight training into the week.

I agree with BlissfullyAct that the Challenge is a tough one, especially the pullups. However, one way to overcome the upper-body strength (or lack thereof) is to do negatives. Grab a stool and stand on it so your chin is above the bar. Then carefully step off the stool and slowly lower yourself down. The slower you go, the more your muscles will adapt and you will build enough strength to do more pullups.
  • BlissfullyActice
    Options
    Thank you Butrovich! I will try with stool as chair was a little awkward, simple things I didn't think of. I do hope p90x3 is better for the lower body than p90x, I don't think p90x targeted the lower body as much but just my opinion. Minus the plyo legs.
  • AngDenSti
    Options
    I added you both to the group. :) I struggle with pull-ups too. I used a chair when I attempted p90X. This time I bought the pull-up assist resistance bands and I think that will help a lot. I found it pretty cheap on amazon.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I have ordered mine and am still waiting for it...I completed P90X and then did some other stuff, so I can't wait to start this one.

I would like to join the group, but ONLY if it is not going to be a barrage of beachbody coaches selling expensive shakes and pushing their supplements like a previous P90X group I belonged too....

I got so sick and tired of peoples inability to accept "no" for an answer that I left and finished the thing on my own....
  • BlissfullyActice
    Options
    ^I can assure you I'm not a beachbody coach and thankfully the p90x3 doesn't sell that shake so aggressively like p90x, like your total workout would be useless without it. I don't do shakes unless I've made them myself with stuff at home. But yea it's annoying, you can't trust some results and what people say for fear it's a beachbody coach lol
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Then I would definitely love the support - can't wait for my dvd's to arrive!
  • BlissfullyActice
    Options
    I loved the challenge, did the pull ups with a stool, still pretty hard, looking forward to the warrior!
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Starting today on the classic schedule. I have done other Beachbody programs and love them! I am really looking forward to doing this and supporting each other. I would love an invite to the group :)
    Heather