does anyone know first hand

Options
BrenNew
BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
Does anyone know, first hand, if the Crest White Strips REALLY work?
I used to hate getting my pictures taken because of my weight, but, not THAT'S not the problem anymore, thanks to MFP, it's my teeth now! They always look so dingy/awful in pics, so I'd love to have them whiter. I asked at my dentist's about getting them whitened, but the price was astronomical! So, I was thinking that IF it worked, and people could assure me that the white strips REALLY DO work well, then I'd try them.
I just hate wasting my hard earned money if they DON'T do much at all as far as whitening goes.

Replies

• BrenNew
    Options
    Does anyone know, first hand, if the Crest White Strips REALLY work?
    I used to hate getting my pictures taken because of my weight, but, not THAT'S not the problem anymore, thanks to MFP, it's my teeth now! They always look so dingy/awful in pics, so I'd love to have them whiter. I asked at my dentist's about getting them whitened, but the price was astronomical! So, I was thinking that IF it worked, and people could assure me that the white strips REALLY DO work well, then I'd try them.
    I just hate wasting my hard earned money if they DON'T do much at all as far as whitening goes.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have used them in the past and they do work, but I drink coffee, and I smoke ( I know bad girl), so the stains just come back.

What I have found that works, especially for stains..Crest ProHealth- Night ( the box and tube are Navy Blue). I was totally amazed, the very first time that I used this product it took the stains right off of my teeth. I would rather spend $4 on toothpaste then $30+ on the strips

Hope this helps
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I used the whitestrips and they did make my teeth whiter--at the expense of my tooth enamel. They seriously made my teeth so sensitive. Even cold water or biting on something can give me a serious zinger now, almost like I bit on a piece of aluminum. :ohwell:

I have to use sensitive tooth paste and be careful now, and the dentist said there's nothing I can really do to fix it either.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I used the whitestrips and they did make my teeth whiter--at the expense of my tooth enamel. They seriously made my teeth so sensitive. Even cold water or biting on something can give me a serious zinger now, almost like I bit on a piece of aluminum. :ohwell:

I have to use sensitive tooth paste and be careful now, and the dentist said there's nothing I can really do to fix it either.

That seriously SUCKS!!!

Library_Picture_Display?Picture_ID=31
  • rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    i have used crest and i also have used i think it qwas auqa fresh it was a tray that you buy. i hate the crest ones they slipped off were messy hard to use.i loved the trays and they worked wonderful!! and also at the same time my husband went to a dentist to whiten his paid 300 and my stuff worked better.when im at the store today illlook and see what brand i used but i recommend them and if i remember right was a little cheeper.
  • luscious
    luscious Posts: 18
    Options
    I HAVE USED THE TRAYS AND STRIPS THEY BOTH WORK"BUT"COFFE,TEA,CERTAIN JUICES STAIN AFTER DRINKING BRUSH OR AT LEAST WASH MOUTH OUT WITH WARM WATER
  • CristaAmy
    CristaAmy Posts: 67
    Options
    One suggestion about the sensitivity issue. Start using a product such as Act which has fluoride that will help with the sensitivity. It will never bring the enamel back, but may help a little.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

This happened to me too, but it was only temporary. during use and probably a few days or a week after I finished with them I was very very sensitive to cold. They made my teeth like 8 shades whiter though, it was crazy.
  • BrenNew
    Options
    i have used crest and i also have used i think it qwas auqa fresh it was a tray that you buy. i hate the crest ones they slipped off were messy hard to use.i loved the trays and they worked wonderful!! and also at the same time my husband went to a dentist to whiten his paid 300 and my stuff worked better.when im at the store today illlook and see what brand i used but i recommend them and if i remember right was a little cheeper.

That's so helpful, thanks! I'll keep looking to see if you DO find out what brand it was. Thanks!
  • BrenNew
    Options

I ALREADY have a big sensitivity problem, and have used sensitive toothpaste for years now, so maybe the white strips AREN'T such a good idea! Thanks for the info!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    One suggestion about the sensitivity issue. Start using a product such as Act which has fluoride that will help with the sensitivity. It will never bring the enamel back, but may help a little.

I already use a sensitive tooth paste, AND Act, and my teeth are STILL pretty darned sensitive!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    I have used them in the past and they do work, but I drink coffee, and I smoke ( I know bad girl), so the stains just come back.

What I have found that works, especially for stains..Crest ProHealth- Night ( the box and tube are Navy Blue). I was totally amazed, the very first time that I used this product it took the stains right off of my teeth. I would rather spend $4 on toothpaste then $30+ on the strips

Hope this helps

Well, I never liked coffee, so I don't drink that. And I quit smoking years and years ago, so my teeth aren't really stained. They're just dingy. Grey/yuck color, and I hate them! My son is getting married next year, and I don't want to be so self concious (sp?) with all the pics that will be taken. Maybe I'll gie that Crest ProHealth-Night stuff a try, though I just hope it'll be ok with my stupid sensitivity problem!
    Anyway though, thanks for the advice!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've used them and they work. My dentist recommended them, so I'm sure they are safe.