New Year!!! What is your weight loss plan for 2014?

Options
124»

Replies

• fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My goals (not resolutions) are to continue losing about one pound a week, to continue going to the gym 4 times a week doing strength training, and to keep working on mastering push-ups! Also, I would like to up my water intake from about 6 glasses a day to 8 glasses a day.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    If I can stick to 1.5 lbs per week, in one year that will be 78 lbs. Plus the 12 I have lost would put me at 90 down. Will do my best - first thing will be to increase my activity level - need to move my sorry butt much more.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm not really changing anything that I eat. I'm just going to log A LOT more consistently.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm having a baby in May so I plan to maintain until I'm told by my doctor to start gaining. I will still be exercising like I currently am (running multiple times a week and walking at least 5 miles on my rest days). Once I have the baby and I'm healed from my c-section I plan on getting back into my fitness routine but not to the same extreme because I'll be breastfeeding for a year and need to maintain my supply since baby comes first. I've lost 81 lbs in 2013 and have 36 more to my goal weight and hope to achieve that over the next year.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    keep logging , working out and eating fairly healthy

pretty much this.
  • ihadabadidea
    ihadabadidea Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    - Buy a skin fold caliper and learn how to use it. My weight fluctuates a lot which makes it hard to measure progress on the scale.
    - Learn new low sugar dessert recipes and sugar-reducing cooking techniques to replace my current recipes.
    - Put together a bulking program with sandbag-based lifts for when I hit my maintenance goal.
    - Get more vegetables into my diet
    - Get my blood pressure into a healthy range through a combination of less salt, less weight and more cardio (nearly there.)
    - Figure out a cardio program I can do with my wife without her feeling intimidated.
    - Find a good N/A beer
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eat under my goal again and lose my last 10 lbs... hopefully it won't take the whole year!
  • 1Lightstep
    1Lightstep Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My plan is to keep heading in the right direction.
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    Get back on track with logging daily.
    lowering sodium and carb intake.
    increase exercise.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    60 day juice cleanse, clean eating, avoid all sugar except natural sugar, 5 hours of cardio a day. Lift 3 pound pink hand weights.

bahahahaha
  • ndj1979
    Options
    continue lifting heavy, hit macros, hit calorie goals, get shredded!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    My plan is to continue eating all the tasty things I've always eaten. Plenty of carbs and sugar too...
    I'd hate to think that I have to eliminate things from my diet to lose weight.

I'm sure I'd rather eat in moderation and watch how many calories I consume instead of give up my favorite foods.

I'm maintaining, and have been for over a year now.

this times a million!
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Run my second half marathon and lose the rest of my weight
  • ndj1979
    Options
    my mission for 2014 is to convince people on MFP that carbs are sugar are not satan reincarnate...
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    My plan is to continue eating all the tasty things I've always eaten. Plenty of carbs and sugar too...
    I'd hate to think that I have to eliminate things from my diet to lose weight.

I'm sure I'd rather eat in moderation and watch how many calories I consume instead of give up my favorite foods.

I'm maintaining, and have been for over a year now.

this times a million!

I agree! I plan on continuing to add strength, speed and endurance while eating the same foods I always have.
  • trevebyn
    trevebyn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My plan is to be strictly dairy and gluten free and also NO added sugar. Any support from anyone is very very greatly appreciated as I really struggle with the sugar addiction.