Rollerblading

Options
Angela2217
Angela2217 Posts: 32 Member
HI, does anybody rollerblade? I want to know how many calories you burn and ifs it a good cardio burn workout?

Replies

• Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I know this was posted months ago, but I just did a search on rollerbladding and saw this. I rollerblade, in fact I just bought myself a new pair of rollerskates. I personally believe - aside from running - it's one of the best carido workouts. I always burn a good amount of calories, and it's a great leg workout. If you have any questions, reply or send a PM! Good luck!
  • GooooHeather
    Options
    I lovvvve rollerblading, but have issues stopping when doing any speed, lol.
    I find that I don't get a great cardio workout from it, but I build great muscle in my legs - calves especially.
    I imagine that you'd burn alot of calories, Angela. I find that I am good and sweaty at 45-60min on fairly flat and paved ground- but not winded.
    Thoroughly enjoyable and grounding!!!!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I roller skate, in a rink. I wear a heart rate monitor and usually skate to burn 300 calories which is about 45-60 minutes almost non stop at a good pace. This is during adult skate which is a faster pace then when I go with my 8 year old and I am ducking and slowing for kids.