Whole 30 Jan 2014

Options
Anyone doing a Whole 30 to kick off their new year? Would love some buddies.

Replies

• Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am. I would love a buddy
  • helloskinny21
    helloskinny21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would def like to join as well! Can you add me to your facebook page!!
  • p0nderful
    p0nderful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im in. I am 55 years old and trying to fight off diabetes and lose about 20 pounds. I have been eating low carb/mediterranean (sort of) and need a group for accountability. I am on day 1 (again) because I slipped and ate hummus yesterday. Forgot about the beans. Oh well.
  • p0nderful
    p0nderful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Where is everybody at?? Day 2 was much better than day 1. Wasn't hungry, but totally missed my friday night wine. Let us know how you are doing!
  • becrobbie
    becrobbie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am doing a Whole 30, would love some buddies too. :smile:
  • becrobbie
    Options
    Hope you are doing ok with your Whole 30. I am going ok. First few days were very low energy which was to be expected. Yesterday was really high energy, but today after a lack of sleep, a bit 'meh'. Food is going great. I am updating a blog in my profile if anyone is interested and listing all my foods in my diary to check my macro-nutrient breakdown.
  • slimme630
    Options
    what is whole 30?:blushing:
  • HungryCaterpillar121
    Options
    I'm on day 3. Feeling great today. Yesterday sucked and I really had no appetite whatsoever. I'm still drinking coffee (black) but have cut it down to < 2 cups in the morning. I'm happy to be home from vacation in my kitchen so I can cook a ton of food for the week.

What's everyone else struggling with/doing well with?
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yep! Add me!! Started on Jan 1st - going great so far! Would love to have more friends on this plan!
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    HEy all! I'm on day 9. Started Dec. 29. I've been experiencing fatigue the last couple of days. Loving the way my clothes are fitting! I've never gone this long doing strict Palo. I usually give in and have wine, then more cheating follows. For me, staying away from alcohol completely is key.
  • becrobbie
    Options
    The Whole 30 is a clean eating program. You can find details at www.whole30.com. I highly suggest reading "It Starts with Food" by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig to gain a great understanding of how food impacts your body and why doing a Whole 30 is important.
  • becrobbie
    Options
    Hey all! I'm on day 9. Started Dec. 29. I've been experiencing fatigue the last couple of days. Loving the way my clothes are fitting! I've never gone this long doing strict Paleo. I usually give in and have wine, then more cheating follows. For me, staying away from alcohol completely is key.

Hey Kris, I am on Day 13 and feeling very up and down with exhaustion at the moment. I am waiting for Tiger Blood to come and take over my body! Sleep is my biggest problem at the moment. My patterns are abnormal and won't pull back into line. Can't sleep at night, then awake at 3am for hours, then crash until 9am. It is driving me balmy!
  • becrobbie
    Options
    Where is everybody at?? Day 2 was much better than day 1. Wasn't hungry, but totally missed my friday night wine. Let us know how you are doing!

Hey, how are you doing now? You are on about Day 7 or 8 now? I hope you are still staying strong. Any issues you want to chat about, add them in here :)
  • raylo1313
    raylo1313 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started Whole 30 January 10, 2014. This is my Day 4, lost 2 lbs so far. Energy is good as I try and keep active. I really, really miss my Stevia. I can drink my coffee black but trying to down green tea with no sweetner at all is not working. So I don't drink it. Other than that, I'm doing good so far! :-)
  • laurenislost
    laurenislost Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had to restart mine because of the flu, not carb flu, the actual flu and the medicines - and some of my food :x - was not compliant. I would love some paleo pals!
  • moonstrucky
    moonstrucky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 right now :) I only made it to day 4 last time I tried (in September) but am feeling much better and more prepared this time!
  • kolie518
    kolie518 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I start my whole 30 Monday. Feel free to add me. I'll be journaling my experience here.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    hi,

I started Jan 1st on a super clean eating whole30 diet plan. I usually am 100% paleo all the time so this wholde 30 is really a conscious effort to focus on disiplining myself to eat 6 small meals a day of high protein while I'm on a 6 week cycle of bulking up.
  • MrsSandra
    MrsSandra Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You all are probably finishing up your Whole 30's! Congratulations! I started my first Whole 30 today :)